Do either of you understand my problem?

Or am I just out of luck?
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Contact PLEASE!

Neblett wrote:
Do either of you understand my problem?

Have you pulled from annualcreditreport.com in the last 12 months? If not, then pull all 3 CRAs from there. I'm not certain whether you'll get an EQ report or a CSC report. But it's free and I'd give it a try.

Or try here. You should be able to dispute with EQ online here without a confirmation number. I know it works from a non-CSC state. Give it a try. I think you're going to get a written response this way. No option to get an electronic delivery.

Message 12 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Yes, I pulled from annualcrediteport.com 3 months ago.

That's how I got my first CSC report, with errors.

I corrected all of these errors with CSC.

My CSC report is correct.

BUT when I look at TrueCredit or MyFICO ScoreWatch, there are still one or two errors that are reporting, even though they have been correct on my CSC file for over a month.

CSC can't correct something that is already corrected in their files.

However, Equifax still reports these items wrong.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the link in post #12 above?
Message 14 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

I just did. Thanks.

I'll let you know if it works.
Message 15 of 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
I just did. Thanks.

I'll let you know if it works.

I am guessing EQ is just going to route you to CSC anyway even if you use that link. Smiley Happy Keep us updated.
Message 16 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

I apologize for being irrascible with this thread, but it's just been so frustrating trying to deal with this on my own, and CSC has actually been VERY helpful, once I got a support manager to personally attend to my problems - of course my threats to sic the FTC and Attorney General on them for not adhering to the FCRA didn't hurt. 

But this one issue is screwing up so much - basically the main problem is a student loan (3 separate tradelines from the same company) that is erroneously reporting a 60-Day Late status as of April.  The student loan company saw their error and corrected it immediately; CSC corrected it over a month ago.  It's just when I log on to FICO ScoreWatch or TrueCredit, these items still appear with a 60-Day Late flag, and it's actually one of the only late items in the past 6 months, so it's hurting my scores and rating unnecessarily.  And right now, I'm on the cusp of having a major score improvement (FICO went from 420 in April to 668 now - almost 250 points!), so I need every little bit of help I can get.

And trying to solve this on my own has been a regular Catch-22.

Hopefully, this will resolve itself soon, especially now that the loans should report as Paid in Full with my loan consolidation, but I just want to make sure the 60-Day Late goes away before the consolidation hits - I've heard horror stories of trying to get info changed after the loan account closes, so I'm trying to avoid that.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular Contributor

Neblett

Message 3 of 17

Viewed 96 times

"I have already taken care of this with CSC.  My CSC records are 100% accurate - I have double and triple-checked this.  And they have updated all my records their database, which they say is shared with Equifax. 

My problem is that when I pull Equifax info from TrueCredit or MyFICO, there are two or three tradelines that are incorrect.  And when creditors pull my info, they will be pulling from EQ, not CSC.  So I am just trying to find out why EQ does not have the same info as CSC, "

From what I understand about eq and csc they are one and the same company.  CSC justs deals with some states while Eq deals with the rest.  When I spoke with a manager from CSC she stated that they share the same database so your info should be same on both reports.  Furthermore, if you live in a CSC state potential lenders would pull a csc report, not an eq report.  At least that is what the manager told me.  Good luck

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neblett wrote:
I apologize for being irrascible with this thread, but it's just been so frustrating trying to deal with this on my own

No worries. I couldn't get thru to a human at EX today. Stuck in automation phone lady Gehenna.

Message 19 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Just found out EQ's records are right - was finally able to talk to someone from EQ. Long story.

So, the issue is with TrueCredit's reporting of the data from EQ.

How do I deal with this one, oh FICO gurus?
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.