cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

I don't know how many people have signed up for Core Credit by Equifax yet, but when you look at your credit report on their site, they list the softpull information just after the HPs, which is super nice for those of us who like to look at that info.




F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 794 | TU: 801 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 9/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!


@calyx wrote:

I don't know how many people have signed up for Core Credit by Equifax yet, but when you look at your credit report on their site, they list the softpull information just after the HPs, which is super nice for those of us who like to look at that info.


Be careful... the fine print at the bottom of my email says that signing up for Core Credit costs you your two free credit reports per year. 

 

17E5DA41-01B7-4AB9-BBA7-C9DA6EDB968C.jpeg

 

It’s cool that they give you the SP info though, maybe I’ll think about getting it. 




Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!


@Saeren wrote:

@calyx wrote:

I don't know how many people have signed up for Core Credit by Equifax yet, but when you look at your credit report on their site, they list the softpull information just after the HPs, which is super nice for those of us who like to look at that info.


Be careful... the fine print at the bottom of my email says that signing up for Core Credit costs you your two free credit reports per year. 

 

17E5DA41-01B7-4AB9-BBA7-C9DA6EDB968C.jpeg

 

It’s cool that they give you the SP info though, maybe I’ll think about getting it. 


Yeah, I debated signing up, but now that my EQ file is clean, I don't mind giving up the free ones.  The only real info I was getting that I needed was my DOFD, and that's not a problem any more.


As it is, after having some issues with them, they've been really nice about sending me more free reports than I would normally get, anyway.




F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 794 | TU: 801 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 9/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

Yeah now that my EQ is clean, I’m thinking about it too. 




Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

Oops I signed up without seeing that. I don't see how thats legal since annualcreditreport is governed by a federal law. I guess I will find out in a month when I can pull my report again.

 

How is the one year determined for annualcreditreport. If I pulled last year on 6/22/18  do I have to wait until 6/23/19?

Or can I pull on 6/1/19?

 

Also I don't think the list of soft pulls is complete. I have a comprehesive report (like the one from annual) that I got as a result of being denied credit. It shows every single time I tried the Capital One prequal site. The Core Credit/myEquifax soft pulls don't list those. 

 

I do like the fact that they make it easy to freeze. They even asked me if I wanted to convert my "lock" to a "freeze"

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

Interesting.

I just did a side by side and the only ones missing from mine are my Citi pulls (for their BC score that's on the last or second to last Tuesday of the month).  The rest are all there (including the cap1 pulls that I tried for their auto financing prequal site).

 

As far as the annualcreditreport.com - I just did my annual pulls last month, and they were actually a little early, but within the same month as the previous year, so I don't think they're super-super strict about the 365d.




F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 794 | TU: 801 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 9/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!

DOFD is shown in the monthly reports. I just checked one of my older student loan accounts. Would love to get that retroactive forbearance lol. One can dream!
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Core Credit - Soft Pull info!


@Morpho wrote:

Oops I signed up without seeing that. I don't see how thats legal since annualcreditreport is governed by a federal law. I guess I will find out in a month when I can pull my report again.


That clause is not referring to the annualcreditreport.com annual pulls.

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Equifax-launches-free-monthly-credit-report-thro...

 

 

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:850 TU9:850 EX9:850
EQ5:809 TU4:789 EX2:819 - 2019-09-06
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.