Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Dispute

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Equifax Dispute

On July 16 I sent a letter to Equifax to dispute a former address on my credit report for which, "I have never resided at this address, received mail at this address or applied for credit using this address".

On July 31 I received a letter from Equifax which stated, "We have reviewed the former address. The results are: The disputed address has been deleted. 0000 Street Name, City, State, Zip  Residence Since: 09/2013  MIXED

Today, I ran my free Equifax credit report through TrustedID as I am involved in last years Equifax data breach. The ***bleep*** address is again on my credit report. Other than disputing this error again, does the knowledgeable and experienced myFICO family have any ideas to resolve this issue?

As always, Thank You in Advance!!!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Dispute

The address showing back up means that one of the tradelines that is actively reporting is including that address in their monthly report.

You'll need to ID the source of the data (which lender) and then fix the address directly with them, otherwise it will keep re-appearing.

Is the address completely unfamilar? Or do you at least recognize it as one that you (or someone you had a joint or AU account with) at one point were connected to?

Is it ONLY appearing on Equifax? I ask because it's much easier with Experian to determine which tradeline the address is connected to. (Although with recent changes, you may need to pull the paper version of the report for that.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

All of the tradelines on Equifax are mine and none were opened with this address. Equifax is the only bureau that this address has shown up on. I have no connection to this address. This address started to report in 2013 when I had none of my current tradelines. The only possible explanation for the address connection might be a cousin who I am estranged, has the same name as I do as we are both named after our grandfather. My last name is fairly unique and for the most part, if someone else shares it, we are related. 

Message 3 of 19
iv
Valued Contributor

Have you recently pulled your reports from the "other" CRAs (LexisNexis/Innovis/Sagestream/etc)?

Might be worth checking there as well, and if the address is there as well, it might provide an additional way to match it to a lender.

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201604_cfpb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did you do this from the online dispute? If so. It's the leaset effective way. Mail in certified any proof of your past address if you have resided at the same place and time. I hade a simular situation. I sent in past cell reciepts, electric statements, copy of DL (blacked out pic and DL#) It was gone in a few days. Even had my middle initial as J, it's S. They changed it all. Addresses that went back 20 years that were not tied to any open or close accounts were proof also. Poof, gone.

Message 5 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@iv wrote:

Have you recently pulled your reports from the "other" CRAs (LexisNexis/Innovis/Sagestream/etc)?

Might be worth checking there as well, and if the address is there as well, it might provide an additional way to match it to a lender.

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201604_cfpb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

I have Innovis and rechecked my report on which everything is correctly reported. I sent for my LexisNexis several weeks ago and have yet to receive it. I sent for my SageStream Friday. Shouldn't Equifax be able to determine the source of the address and who is reporting it?

I am wondering if I have a partially merged file with my cousin as we also live in the same state. I am beginning to become frustrated. 

Message 6 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Did you do this from the online dispute? If so. It's the leaset effective way. Mail in certified any proof of your past address if you have resided at the same place and time. I hade a simular situation. I sent in past cell reciepts, electric statements, copy of DL (blacked out pic and DL#) It was gone in a few days. Even had my middle initial as J, it's S. They changed it all. Addresses that went back 20 years that were not tied to any open or close accounts were proof also. Poof, gone.

I always dispute via Certified US mail. I have addresses listed going back 35 years when I first applied for credit. I did not know you could have old address deleted as well?

Message 7 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Eq doesn't let you dispute your address online.  I sent a dispute 3 darn times because they have an address in salt lake city, which I have never even been too. After third dispute they removed it only to have it pop back on.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I always dispute via US mail. I have addresses listed going back 35 years when I first applied for credit. I did not know you could have old address deleted as well?

I had addresses deleted going back to the eraly 80's last year. No hassle. Kept the past 3 yrs then for app question when I started the rebuild. Which most app ask for.

Message 9 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I always dispute via Certified US mail. I have addresses listed going back 35 years when I first applied for credit. I did not know you could have old address deleted as well?

I had addresses deleted going back to the eraly 80's last year. No hassle

Don't the CRA like to use the old addresses for identity verification?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.