Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax and Date of First Delinquency; Early Exclusion

tag
HappyGoLucky4U
New Contributor

Equifax and Date of First Delinquency; Early Exclusion

On my Equifax report, I have a charge off that has the "Date of First Delinquency:  January 1, 2014".  Will this charge off fall off my report on January 1, 2021?  Is it worth trying to get an early exclusion from Equifax?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax and Date of First Delinquency; Early Exclusion

It can be 7 years plus 180 days, but most often removed at 7 year mark, so yes Jan 2021. Don't EE Equifax, they're notorious for screwing up. Let it fall off in January.

Message 2 of 10
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Your SO CLOSE... I would not poke the bear!! Just let it fall off in January for sure!

Message 3 of 10
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Yeah you're better off letting it fall off on it's own. I've read some bad threads about EQ screwing it up.

Early congrats on the removal! That 7 years drags on and on!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would only request an early exclusion IF you have some compelling need to apply for new credit, and thus need your score improvement, within the next few weeks. 

Otherwise, getting an early exclusion, and thus any associated score improvement, would be purely academic, and lkely not worth the time and risk of messing with the CRA...............

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HappyGoLucky4U wrote:

On my Equifax report, I have a charge off that has the "Date of First Delinquency:  January 1, 2014".  Will this charge off fall off my report on January 1, 2021?  Is it worth trying to get an early exclusion from Equifax?  Thank you.

Everything with 1/2014 "date of first delinquency" has fallen off of mine and SO's EQ CRs as of 12/1/2020. I would pull your CR from annual credit report, for free (no scores). I can almost bet that it is already gone. EQ usually drops 1 month prior to the month given for the "date of first delinquency".

I would never mess with EQ for EE. Let that beast be. I have seen some awful and some irreparable damage done by attempting it. While it works for some, it is a huge gamble, and can go either way.

Message 6 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

It can be 7 years plus 180 days, but most often removed at 7 year mark, so yes Jan 2021. Don't EE Equifax, they're notorious for screwing up. Let it fall off in January.

+100

Message 7 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

+100

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
HappyGoLucky4U
New Contributor

You were spot on!  It did drop off my report.  Thank you for sharing your insight Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HappyGoLucky4U wrote:

You were spot on!  It did drop off my report.  Thank you for sharing your insight Smiley Happy

Awesome!

I am so glad it is gone! Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.