Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute - MESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax dispute - MESS

Hello everyone - here's the story in a nutshell: 

Three weeks ago because of this forum, I realized that I needed to have dispute remarks removed from my report when applying for a mortgage (which I am doing later this month). I have two accounts with remarks. Happy I realized it when I did. TU and EX were a breeze, both removed within 48 hours. Equifax on the other hand....disaster. I called the same day, assisted me, they said they'd be removed ASAP. Dispute was open and closed that day, PDF said both remarks were removed. Flash forward a couple days, I get my 3B report for the month and the remarks are still there. Weird. I give it a few days, still there on EQ. Call them again. They ended up opening up another dispute on 4/23. This is still open as of 5/5. I called last Friday, 5/1 and he said they'd be gone by Monday, 5/4. Nope. I called this morning, 5/5, the rep said that on 4/23 they opened a reinvestigation, and that it would take 5-7 business days for the remarks to be removed. I said yes, that is exactly waht the rep told me last Friday, 5/1 and they are still here. Rep was confused, put me on hold. Somehow I get disconnected. I log on to Equifax just now and the rep opened a SECOND dispute. So I have two pending disputes on my report right now. My reports say 'Reinvestigation in Process.' I am completely at my wits end, what am I supposed to do? Why is Equifax opening up a dispute in the first place? The other two bureaus didn't do that. I need these two stupid remarks removed ASAP so I can proceed with my mortgage application. What am I missing here? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax dispute - MESS

Get the reporting creditor on the phone and request removal of the comments immediately as you are disputing nothing. EQ is incompetent the worst one, their breech proved that.

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Get the reporting creditor on the phone and request removal of the comments immediately as you are disputing nothing. EQ is incompetent the worst one, their breech proved that.

+100

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Like I said a different time, EQ could set the house on fire trying to water the plants. It's unbelievable that they can be so incompetent and be allowed to continue holding so much influence over the finances of millions of people.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.