Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is really stubborn!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is really stubborn!!!

I wonder if I start using some old credit cards that I haven't used in a year will help my EQ to go up a lil? I was thking about letting a small balance, say $30, post with these trade lines.

Message 11 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if I start using some old credit cards that I haven't used in a year will help my EQ to go up a lil? I was thking about letting a small balance, say $30, post with these trade lines.

Maybe, but if you want them to stay open you should be using the accounts occasionally anyway.

If the date of last activity / date of last update is recent, won't make a difference, but some lenders (hi Synchrony!) will skip statements and others I believe are now doing this too if it's been an idle tradeline.

        
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe, but if you want them to stay open you should be using the accounts occasionally anyway.

If the date of last activity / date of last update is recent, won't make a difference, but some lenders (hi Synchrony!) will skip statements and others I believe are now doing this too if it's been an idle tradeline.

Thanks for the info

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my reports from myFICO on 5/31...there is a bank charge off from last year on there. Its on my EQ file but not the others. I called EQ, and the rep read through all of my accounts, and she was unable to see any bank charge offs. She said all of my credit card accounts and student loans are in good standing. She also stated that I 'do not have any negative accounts'. How can myFICO pull up a record that EQ states is not on my file? What gives?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same issue with EQ. TU and EX have been hovering in the 660-670 range while EQ is stuck in the 630's. I finally figured out that EQ is showing a car loan that was paid off in January as open with a $15k balance while the others show as paid and closed. I submitted a dispute last week and am waiting for resolution. I'm hoping this closes the gap and helps me finally get in with Penfed. Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the same issue with EQ. TU and EX have been hovering in the 660-670 range while EQ is stuck in the 630's. I finally figured out that EQ is showing a car loan that was paid off in January as open with a $15k balance while the others show as paid and closed. I submitted a dispute last week and am waiting for resolution. I'm hoping this closes the gap and helps me finally get in with Penfed. Smiley Frustrated

I wish you well, it looks as if your outcome will result in a favorable condition for you. For my case, I will call EQ Monday morning to discuss removing the charge off that is not shown on my EQ credit file but is shown on MF.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.