cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax just REALLY ticked me off!!!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax just REALLY ticked me off!!!

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rep told me no matter what I dispute and where I dispute from, since I pulled a free report in January it's an automatic 45 day process.

Again, the rep is wrong about singling out January's report. In your example, it is always an automatic 45 days no matter if it was pulled in January, last month or yesterday.

I am confused by what you are saying.

Message 11 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rep told me no matter what I dispute and where I dispute from, since I pulled a free report in January it's an automatic 45 day process.

Again, the rep is wrong about singling out January's report. In your example, it is always an automatic 45 days no matter if it was pulled in January, last month or yesterday.

I am confused by what you are saying. 

You and me both. If I read right in the org. post by OP, OP was bringing up that the reason given by the CRA's CSR that the dispute would take 45 days is because OP used a report from January. I was pointing out to OP that it's a silly excuse and that it would have been 45 days no matter what because OP included a copy of this or that as part of the dispute which automatically triggers a 45-day limit. Now the limit is 45 days and it certainly and likely would take less. YMMV. In my prior post I was giving an answer to demonstrate that the January ACR pull is irrevelent. OP could have pulled his/her free report yesterday and it would still take 45 days if OP submits info to back up the dispute.

Message 12 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I understand what you are saying now. 

I have not seen where it takes 45 days if you submit documentation with the dispute, only if you send it in after the dispute was initiated they will add more time.

At any rate, according to EQ website, if the information you are disputing is contained in the free report, the dispute takes 45 days.  I guess that is what the rep was referring to.  And I am guessing they keep track of your pulls.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand. It was their attitude that ticked me off the most.

Message 14 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand. It was their attitude that ticked me off the most.

They have a habit of doing that.  I honestly think that they try to cover their ignorance with being bullies.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.