Not applicable

Equifax not reporting

I recently paid off some charged off cards in December 2020

synchrony bank

kohls credit

capita 1

mission federal credit union

synchrony, kohls, and mission fed have reported to Experian and trans union

but not a single one has reported to equifax. Why is that? Is there a way to get them to report it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax not reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently paid off some charged off cards in December 2020

synchrony bank

kohls credit

capita 1

mission federal credit union

synchrony, kohls, and mission fed have reported to Experian and trans union

but not a single one has reported to equifax. Why is that? Is there a way to get them to report it?

Bureaus have different processing/reporting times. Are you pulling directly from annual credit report or from where? Or are you getting notifications? It can take 30-90 days for it to happen. Most often around 30-60 days. You can't force an update from EQ if it has been sent to the bureau already by the creditor, which it seems it has since EX and TU has already reflected it, you just have to be patient. Being patient is the most difficult thing when it comes to rebuilding, but it is necessary, unfortunately!

If you have not pulled your annual credit report (free to do so weekly thru 4/2021 - no scores) for EQ, you can certainly do that to see if it has reflected, as not all uodates from CMSs are equal and are definitely not real time.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

it just doesnt make sense because they havent reported on these accounts since 12/1. Im getting updates from Myfico, and from all 3 bureaus websites where i pay for daily updates

Message 3 of 4
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it just doesnt make sense because they havent reported on these accounts since 12/1. Im getting updates from Myfico, and from all 3 bureaus websites where i pay for daily updates

This happened to me before - and with EQ.  It took them 45 days to update an account that the other two bureaus updated within a week of the creditor reporting. Sometimes things just move extraordinarily slow for no apparent reason.  As @Anonymous said, unfortunately, you just have to be patient.

You could try reaching out to each creditor and requesting they re-report to EQ only, but there's no guarantee they'll do so prior to the 60-day time frame allotted for report updates (they always say to allow 30-60 days).  

Welcome to the forums!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.