Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax vs. CSC Credit Services

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Equifax vs. CSC Credit Services

This is an odd situation.

I live in a state where Equifax does not personally service my Equifax information; they have sold their credit reporting information to a company called CSC Credit Services.  This is the case for15 states, of which Texas is one.  Ironically, CSC stands for Computer Sciences Corporation, but their online credit report retrieval and dispute system has been inoperable for several months, with no explanation.  There is no way to contact them, outside of writing them a letter and sending it to their PO Box in Dallas.  Their phone number only directs you to a pre-recorded message that further directs you to access your information via their online system.  I called their national customer service phone number, and none of the people in that office even knew that CSC had taken this role with Equifax's information.  This really scares me, and it has taken me 2-3 times longer to file my credit report dispute with them because of this, which of course means VERY slow response in acquiring updates to my FICO score, even though I am registered with ScoreWatch and I know several creditors have contacted Equifax directly.

Questions:

Anyway, does anyone know if, when creditors pull my Equifax report, they get it directly from Equifax or if they get it from CSC?  The reason I ask is that my information I access through the MyFICO system seems to be more accurate than that on my CSC report, and I have no idea how long CSC will take to begin an investigation, and they have no means of being contacted if they make an error.

I'm also curious if, when they contact Equifax for account updates, does it take an extra step before reporting because of having to be filed through CSC?

Anyone else experiencing these kinds of problems?

Thanks,
Robert
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax vs. CSC Credit Services

CSC handles files for EQ in the midwest. I am one of those unfortuneate people who have to deal with them. They are a real pain to deal with. Their online dispute system "works", you just have to register several times for whatever reason.  

And if you need to speak to an individual, the ph.# is 281-878-1900. DO NOT CHOOSE OPTION 1. Just stay on the line and let someone answer. FAX # is 281-878-5088
Message 2 of 16
Neblett
Regular Contributor

I have registered several times and confirmed the information, but I am still unable to access my account or dispute information on CSC's website.

Thanks for the phone numbers!!

Robert
Message 3 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You still access your file with EQ. But you must use CSC for disputes. I just used the online system for a friend the other day. I would just mail your disputes.. Just do so CMRRR.
Message 4 of 16
Neblett
Regular Contributor

How do you access your file with Equifax if it's processed through CSC?

When I go to Equifax's website to look at my report, it redirects me to www.csccredit.com.

Thanks,
RLN
Message 5 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I have never pulled a EQ report from CSC. You just use CSC to update or dispute info. Maybe it has to do with where you live. I have no problems pulling reports for MN residents via the following link:

Message 6 of 16
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Tuscani,

Thanks for this invaluable information!  It made my dispute process/contacting them soooo much easier.  I was able to file my disputes over the phone, and they were actually very user-friendly.  ONCE I was able to talk to a human being.

Equifax/CSC customers - PAY ATTENTION to this information!

Robert
Message 7 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Glad I could help!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

have had problems with CSC for over 5 years.  First they do not honor the "100 word dispute clause" because they say you can only use 100 characters - can hardly write my name with only 100 characters.  I reported them to the FTC and 3 years later my 100 word statement appeared on my credit report.  Have made numerous on line requests to dispute an item on my report and even though I receive an e-mail that everything is okay, when I log in, it says not authorized.

Also over the past 5 years, when you are able to contact a live person, or even if you write to them, it takes many letters and lots of time to get anything corrected.  I thought that by 2007 they would have improved....they DID NOT.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some hopefully current contact info on CSC.

from bbb - on CSC

File Open Date: 01/01/62
Principal: Donna White, Consumer Affairs
Phone Number: 800-653-2772
Fax Number: 281-878-1974
Email Address: dwhite38@csc.com
Web Site Address: www.csccredit.com
Membership Status: This company is not a BBB member
Type of Business: Credit Reporting Agencies
Automobiles
Undetermined Businesses
Additional Business Names:
Computer Science Corporation
Computer Sciences Corporation
CSC Consumer Assistance Center
CSC Credit
CSC Credit Services, Inc.

ADDITIONAL TRADENAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS

This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

PO Box 674409 (800) 653-2772
Houston, TX 77267 4409

P.O. Box 981221 (800) 653-2772
El Paso, TX 79998

P.O. Box 674402 (800) 653-2772
Houston , TX 77267

2100 East Grand Avenue **Corporate Headquarters** (800) 653-2772
El Segundo, CA 90245

P O Box 981123 Dept. 333-015 (800) 653-2772
El Paso, TX 79998-1123

652 North Sam Houston Pkwy East (800) 653-2772
Houston, TX 77060

652 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E, Sui (800) 653-2772
Houston, TX 77060

Box 619054 (800) 653-2772
Dallas, TX 75261

(281) 878-4840

(281) 878-1900

(800) 759-5979

(713) 918-5679

(800) 753-1312

(800) 272-9281

(281) 878-5050

(800) 392-7816

(866) 264-4878

Computer Science Corporation

Computer Sciences Corporation

CSC Consumer Assistance Center

CSC Credit

CSC Credit Services

CSC Equifax

CSC/ International Data

This is not necessarily a complete list.

REPORT DATE: 05/09/2007
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.