Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax way behind reporting

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Equifax way behind reporting

I have been keeping an eye on my reports and Equifax is still showing balances on 4 different cards that have since been paid off over 3 months ago. Is this normal? Should I contact them ? 

The other bureau's are up to date

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax way behind reporting

I've really started wondering about them. In CK I can see where my reports change, and a positive change reflected on both TU and EQ will show VS3 scoring changes (which then come through on TU in FICO via my MyFICO subscription), but my EQ FICO hasn't budged in nearly two months now despite various changes to age, balances, and the like that should be pushing my score up incrementally at least. I have one old aged and paid derog that's on all three reports. EQ has one additional aged/paid derog, but it seems hard to think that the extra ding would be enough to suppress my score through multiple threshold-crossing balance drops on individual cards, aging factors increasing, and other score-noteworthy changes...

Message 2 of 6
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Equifax has been lagging behind for several months now with no reasonable explanation and if a persons score is needing that up tick, this leads to all of those financiers that use Equifax with no choice but to deny.  And now it seems that TransU is following the same pattern of not reporting on time.  What is going on?

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tricie17 wrote:

Equifax has been lagging behind for several months now with no reasonable explanation and if a persons score is needing that up tick, this leads to all of those financiers that use Equifax with no choice but to deny.  And now it seems that TransU is following the same pattern of not reporting on time.  What is going on?

Stupidity and crookedness is whats going on, only EX is worth anything, has always been that way..

Message 4 of 6
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

EQ has been at least a month behind reporting my accounts since Covid started.

I also haven't received alerts from any of my CMS's concerning EQ. This is including myFICO.  TU and EX update regularly when there's a change but nothing from EQ.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 6
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, At least it's not just me

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.