Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax website dispute issues?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax website dispute issues?

Is it me or does anyone else have any issues trying to check the status of their dispute on equifax? I have a few things that have been disputed and it keeps sending me emails that my disputes are available to view, either to check status or that my dispute in finished. But everytime I *try* to log in I keep getting the message "sorry for the inconvenience, currently service is unavailable.please try again later" its been that way everyday for the last 3 weeks. please tell me that i'm not the only person experiencing this? have you talked to anyone about a fix or is everybody just in limbo until they decide to fix it? its just infuriating as heck and other than calling to get the results i don't know what else to do. if anything else just share in my misery and confirm im not the only one going crazy over this serious inept website.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax website dispute issues?

For the last several years I've been unable to.  It always tells me my information doesn't match or currently unavailable.  I've called numerous times and no one can figure out why or they say "We will be doing updates soon which should fix this."  I tell them they have been saying this to me for years so they are some long updates.

EQ is the worst to deal with imo...and their website.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to call them on Friday because when my dispute was ready, the link to their page to open it refuses to load Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Prehistoric"  the worst out of the three.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

its just astounding the amount of information they have and how much power they have over your credit that they cannot get their act together. Seriously this on another level of incompetency. If this was facebook or any other social media platform there would be a mutiny and it would be fixed tomorrow. its just unbelievable how bad it is.

Message 5 of 12
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

This is pretty common when you have a dispute open. Once it closes you can get in once to see the results if you are lucky. This has happened to me every time. A couple of weeks or so after a dispute has closed then I’ve been able to start a new dispute to see the changes and just not complete it.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 6 of 12
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Yup, having the same issues as everyone.  My info is always wrong, apparently.  Lol.

I'm sure the subscription section of the website works fine.  Hahah Smiley Frustrated

R.I.P Cards 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. I keep getting the ‘unable to verify your information’ message. So annoying. I’m just going to wait it out until they are completed.. then try to log back in or call.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one that was completed a week ago and I still haven't been able to log in to see the results/status. I had to call to have them mail me the results. The guy on the phone kinda laughed and agreed how bad their website was. Whatever you do, do not opt in to get the results via website. always have them send the results. lesson learned thats for sure.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok well I couldn’t wait any longer, so I tried logging in tonight (after waiting a little over a week), and it worked!

...and then it said there are no disputes recorded on my file?!

The two accounts that I disputed are still showing inaccurate information. The other two bureaus were showing correct dates for these accounts. At first I thought the collection agency had falsely reported information, but now I’m really wondering if Equifax screwed something up there. Guess I’m calling again in the morning. I feel like they just talk in circles and have no idea what I’m talking about when I call. It’s so frustrating.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.