Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax will not remove consumer statement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax will not remove consumer statement

So I had an extended fraud alert on my Equifax report due to Identity Theft issues. Upon sending Equifax my ID theft report they wouldn’t block the fraudulent account so I filed a complaint against them with the CFPB. Equifax than took my complaint against them and added as my fraud alert statement, completely replacing the default fraud statement. I than sent Equifax certified mail asking to remove the statement and they completely ignored my request so once again I resorted to filling a complaint with the CFPB. Within a week Equifax replied back that they removed the consumer statement, so I checked my report and they had infact removed the statement, so I left my review about the complaint as satisfactory. The very next day Equifax re-added the same consumer statement. Long story short, I have called Equifax over 20 times each day and have sent mail asking to remove this statement. The CSRs tell me that the statement has been deleted and give up to 72 hours. The consumer statement is still appearing. I than sent Equifax a letter asking to remove the fraud alert, which in fact they did and the statement is still showing up. This same issue is happening with addresses I have disputed as well. They keep sending me reinvestigation results stating previous addresses have been deleted but when I check my report they are still visible. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this with Equifax because I’m completely lost. I don’t know what is going on with this.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax will not remove consumer statement

Have you tried filing a complaint with BBB? I honestly don't know how else to help, but that would be my opinion for now.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 11
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Where exactly are you checking your report?

on equifax The Trusted ID website e.g. It will show the same old report unless you go to the my account page and request a new report so check that out.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don’t have TrustID, I have a monthly subscription to Equifax Credit Watch Gold and I am allowed to pull a new report daily. I’ve sent a complaint to my state general attorney about the consumer statement.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. I have requested almost every day for over a month to have a consumer statement removed, yet it still remains. I’m not even sure that I’m talking to anybody in the USA. They all tell me that it will be removed within 72 hours, yet it’s always still there.

Is there a number that I can reach somebody that can actually get this removed for me? Has anybody else had this done successfully? The numbers that I have called are 866-349-5191, 888-548-7878 and a couple of others. I have also disputed online.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m having exactly the same issues with Equifax refusing to remove an outdated statement. I’ve called numerous times, each time they open an investigation and claim it will be removed, only for me to check online to see it still there. Two weeks ago I sent a certified letter requesting removal- they assigned a dispute number online and claim that it was resolved, but the statement is still there. I’m not sure what to do next, they are the worst of the 3 CRA’s by far. Their online dispute system is a nightmare- hit or miss whether you can actually login or not.  Their customer support representatives are just as bad- not only difficult to understand, but they seem very dopey as well.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had success with this?

Also experiencing the same problem. I’ve called and completed the request online. It was gone for about a week and then it just reappeared?! I just got pre-approved for a mortgage so I don’t want outdated consumer statements showing up on my report. I’m so frustrated.
Message 7 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

I had this problem as well and had to file a complaint with the CFPB - I uploaded the documentation to/from EQ, and they finally got it right.  It took me several months to sort it out (addresses that were "removed", fraud alerts, and extended fraud alerts).

I think the worst part was that EQ would send the fraud alerts to the other two CRAs and then I'd have to remove them there again, too.  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 8 of 11
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand how Equifax is still in business.  They seem completely incompetent, and handle sensitive information of tens of millions of people.  

Message 9 of 11
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Same problem. I can't tell if it's incompetence or vindictiveness. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and it seems to do no good.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.