Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, i know i have something id like to take off my report as it isnt mine but im too scared to try with Eq as they are so disfunctional they might end up splitting up my file in 5 piecesSmiley Wink. But you have alot of inaccuracies and the biggies too like dob and social. I would definetely print up the paperwork and go through the mail and try and get everything fixed cuz those biggie discrepancies are going to haunt you on future applications

+1   Worth the time to mail in.....more than likely it's now or later but you don't want to have to rush to clear things up before/during a pending app in the future.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally was able to get it to work again just now, and I had to figure out how to work my scanner to scan my drivers license on the computer. That took me 4 minutes to do, which caused my session to timeout.... I tried to get in again and it worked but it asked me questions about my file that made absolutely no sense. None of the questions fit my file, so I had to say none of the above to everything, and now it won't work again. I know they have a online chat function but I can't find it anymore, did they remove it? They give me an option to just do an online dispute form option but I can't select anything I need. It just lets me write a statement and dispute a collection account, am I missing the option where I can select incorrect dob on this page or is the "online dispute form" useless?

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any items you want disputed should be documented with the correct information and relied in a matter that they understand, so any issues are fixed. Equifax in my disputes were the easiest to work with Experian and Transunion were the worst.

Just an FYI with any complaints to the Attorney General or CFPB or Lawyers, may lead to your account being put into special status. Experian and Transunion have put my accounts into special access due to my complaints. In my opinion, while they have a dedicated team to help, I also have to jump through hoops now to get anything fixed with them, they want everything via mail and identity verified.  Snail mail is the slowest, but it is what it is.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had some info updated and was having issues accessing my EQ.  After seeing your success this morning I tried mine and was able to log in and get what I needed.  Hopefully I am forever done with my EQ issues (but I highly doubt it).

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally was able to get it to work again just now, and I had to figure out how to work my scanner to scan my drivers license on the computer. That took me 4 minutes to do, which caused my session to timeout.... I tried to get in again and it worked but it asked me questions about my file that made absolutely no sense. None of the questions fit my file, so I had to say none of the above to everything, and now it won't work again. I know they have a online chat function but I can't find it anymore, did they remove it? They give me an option to just do an online dispute form option but I can't select anything I need. It just lets me write a statement and dispute a collection account, am I missing the option where I can select incorrect dob on this page or is the "online dispute form" useless?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, i know i have something id like to take off my report as it isnt mine but im too scared to try with Eq as they are so disfunctional they might end up splitting up my file in 5 piecesSmiley Wink. But you have alot of inaccuracies and the biggies too like dob and social. I would definetely print up the paperwork and go through the mail and try and get everything fixed cuz those biggie discrepancies are going to haunt you on future applications

+1   Worth the time to mail in.....more than likely it's now or later but you don't want to have to rush to clear things up before/during a pending app in the future.

I couldn't get them to identify me on the phone several times and the website is actually useless, but I finally got it updated 5 days ago by going through the mail. Despite not wanting to use the mail to resolve this because I don't like mailing that information out, in this case it is clearly the best option. They said it would take them 3 or 4 weeks once they got my mail, and it only took them 3 days to update it.

Message 15 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

EQ's website is the worst. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. You won't be able to log in if there is an open dispute, it will say something like we can't verify your information if you get to the part where it asks you to verify information from your report. If you don't have one open or if one just closed, I could never get in to view it either. Then sometimes you can just try the next day and it will let you go back in.

Good luck getting them to actually do anything if you can get in or get them on a phone. I have been trying for months to get a consumer statement deleted, and even though they say they did it, it's still there.   This one is definitely the worst CRA to deal with for anything.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.