Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Click Bait?

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Experian Click Bait?

I've noticed lately that EX is sending me sellacious emails in hopes that I would login to the website. Usually, it doesn't work, but it did today. I got an email that startled me.

Your payment history rating dropped

Looks like your payment history rating decreased, but don't worry—we have tips on how to bring it back up. Sign in for access and to see where you stand.

Well, they got me to sign in wondering what could I have missed? Did something crazy get put onto my CR? I sign in to see the following:

Screenshot (172).png

Anyone else notice this from EX lately? It's a bit annoying TBH.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Click Bait?

I have been getting a lot of emails also. I have been thinking about canceling my membership with them. This started getting annoying maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, it has been getting worse over the past few weeks. I've actually thought about canceling as well because of it. I just don't know where I can get daily upates to my EX CR though.

Message 3 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Same here @Junejer

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 4 of 14
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Yes, they are as bad if not worse than CreditKarma these days... I get email's about changes that their site doesn't show, as well as "new credit card's" I qualify for, or lower insurance rates... it's annoying with all the junk they send lately, I get at least three emails a day from them.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 5 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous I just located the turn off button. Go into account settings and turn off email marketing. I didn’t realize that was on so it should solve the problem if yours is in also.

Message 6 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

I've noticed lately that EX is sending me sellacious emails in hopes that I would login to the website. Usually, it doesn't work, but it did today. I got an email that startled me.

Your payment history rating dropped

Looks like your payment history rating decreased, but don't worry—we have tips on how to bring it back up. Sign in for access and to see where you stand.

Well, they got me to sign in wondering what could I have missed? Did something crazy get put onto my CR? I sign in to see the following:

Screenshot (172).png

Anyone else notice this from EX lately? It's a bit annoying TBH.

1. I haven't been getting them. Maybe it's because I log in so often they don't need any more visits from me 😊

2. There is no other place to get comparable daily updates.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
@AnonymousI just located the turn off button. Go into account settings and turn off email marketing. I didn’t realize that was on so it should solve the problem if yours is in also.

Ah there's the explanation; I was already opted out 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 14
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

They have definitely been out of control the last few weeks. Thanks for finding the button.

Message 9 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
@AnonymousI just located the turn off button. Go into account settings and turn off email marketing. I didn’t realize that was on so it should solve the problem if yours is in also.

Thanks, I was able to turn off the marketing. The outright lie about my credit history profile is what put me over the edge today.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.