Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Scorex PLUS Score...129 points less? Help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Scorex PLUS Score...129 points less? Help please

I just got my score from Experian Scorex Plus from Prosper...and I am confused on the scores I received say from freecreditscore.  My scorex plus score was 129 points less than my reg experian score...is this possible? Do a lot of CC use Experian Scorex?  Any info on this is greatly appreciated....

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian Scorex PLUS Score...129 points less? Help please

Those scores mean nothing. Noone really uses them. I would suggest you go to USAA site and sign up for their credit monitoring service. They allow DAILY pulls of ALL 3 reports and provide you with PLUS score that you can use yourself to monitor and track your repair project. Then when you are ready, pull your real FICO scores from EQ and TU here on this site.

Message 2 of 16
winstars
Regular Contributor

@RussianPassion wrote:

Those scores mean nothing. Noone really uses them. I would suggest you go to USAA site and sign up for their credit monitoring service. They allow DAILY pulls of ALL 3 reports and provide you with PLUS score that you can use yourself to monitor and track your repair project. Then when you are ready, pull your real FICO scores from EQ and TU here on this site.

RussianPassion is correct on every single point. And you can definitely join USAA for the monitoring and not be armed services related... Forget scores as you repair your credit. What matters is what is on the reports. Do what you can to clean up your CR's and then get see what happened to your scores...

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

Your "reg experian score" is completely worthless - used by NO lender of any kind.

Your Prosper Score is used only by Prosper so it has some value even if that value is almost nothing.

A Vantage Score is worth far, far more than either of those because it is actually used by a tiny number of lenders - they claim 6%.

The only scores worth actually paying money for are the various FICO scores since they are closest to the scores actually used by most lenders.

ETA: The post above appeared after I started typing but it brings up a very good point that I forgot. I agree completely. Worry about the content of your reports and then meaningful credit scores after that.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Well, i am monitoring here my TU and EX Fico...Thanks! I am going to look into the USAA site...

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

well..my report is pretty much cleaned up..its the history thats keeping me.  Dad added me to his amex as an AU from 1986...never late, great CR.  Hopefully, that will def help.  But I already enrolled in the usaa credit monitoring.  Are these scores good to go by then, from usaa?  Would these scores be the most commonly used? Sorry for the repetitive questions if any...I just want to find ONE service where my scores will close to what most lenders/CC's will use. =)

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, As i read further into my CR..these are Plus Scores...I like them better...Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 16
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well..my report is pretty much cleaned up..its the history thats keeping me.  Dad added me to his amex as an AU from 1986...never late, great CR.  Hopefully, that will def help.  But I already enrolled in the usaa credit monitoring.  Are these scores good to go by then, from usaa?  Would these scores be the most commonly used? Sorry for the repetitive questions if any...I just want to find ONE service where my scores will close to what most lenders/CC's will use. =)

The 25 years of age you are about to get  from AU will help you for sure. What does "pretty much cleaned up" mean??? 

Yes, the scores from USAA are bettter than most FAKO's but still FAKO's... There is no service besides paying for TU and EQ FICO scores here which will be close to what the lender might see. You should exhaust all possibilities in cleaning your reports up as much as possible. Does you Dad have another AMEX card??? But remember the age thing is only a part of the entire picture. And the lender is looking at your scores AND your reports, two different things...

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

"cleaned up" as in no collections, no negative items.  Have 6 accounts, 4 new...2 have balances. Never late.  6 accounts, oldest one is 3 years,  average about 1 year in credit history...thats what hurting me. Smiley Sad  Hopefully, once AMEX, oh, to answer your question, he only has one..the gold one. Soo, once amex reports (hopefully by next billing cycle) i can see my score go up.  Hoping it hits the 700 mark. 

Message 9 of 16
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"cleaned up" as in no collections, no negative items.  Have 6 accounts, 4 new...2 have balances. Never late.  6 accounts, oldest one is 3 years,  average about 1 year in credit history...thats what hurting me. Smiley Sad  Hopefully, once AMEX, oh, to answer your question, he only has one..the gold one. Soo, once amex reports (hopefully by next billing cycle) i can see my score go up.  Hoping it hits the 700 mark. 

Well it looks like you are the classic "sit tight" and let thing just age. Your Dad's AMEX will give you a good hit, 700 might be a bit high but we can hope!!! Good Luck!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.