Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed & a Fraud Alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed & a Fraud Alert

Hello Everyone,

I called PenFed today to open a checking account because ultimatetly, I wanted a better chance at their CC's. Initially, I was just inquiring but he talked me out of my SSN he said it would only take a few minutes, yada yada so I did it. He then came back on the line and said the fraud alert will not allow us to view your report, ( PenFed uses EQ). He suggested I call the agency "to get them to open up a window" so that they could take a look at my report. The account was opened but restricted to a savings until credit report is able to be viewed. He also stated that if denied PenFed has a "90 day"  resubmit policy which allows you to resubmit any documents needed to possibly getting approved.

1. So, is that a hard inquiry?

2. If I don't call back what happens in regards to my credit report?

3. Because he could not view it , does it turn into a soft inquiry?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed & a Fraud Alert

Results: I called EQ and Yes! Penfed had inquired and was able to see my report. I then called PenFed again and was told that, we saw your report and with no activity we cannot give you a checking acct at this time. Then, supplied me with the secured credit card song and dance,have patience rebuild your credit  in other words ( no checking acct ) for now so, call us back in 6 months for a review. In conclusion, I asked if they would remove the inq...lol yeah right, no such luck

p.s. In parting he said " don't stress the hard pull" you made a good decision we're better than banks...rolling my eyes

Lesson learned:        Failing to plan is... Planning to fail.        

Consequences:        Hard Inquiry, Rejection, Possible dropped points

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed & a Fraud Alert

Good to know...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.