Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian.com refresh score/report question

tag
JM761
Regular Contributor

Experian.com refresh score/report question

Good morning,

Just hoping someone can help me figure this out - it's not an emergency (unless you count obsessing over the removal of a late and collection as an emergency Smiley Happy ), I'm just curious/confused.

I have a free account w/ Experian.com

I do not understand the frequency that they refresh the report. Some days it's been 2x a day (report + fico), other times it''s everyy few days, other times (like now) it's been 9 days. 

Is there any rhyme or reason? I check daily to see if there's a new report available and the last update was June 7. Before that, I had reports on May 10th, 19th, 24th, 27th and then this last one on June 10. Any ideas so I can stop driving myself crazy (I know credit takes time...just wish I understood this parrt...)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian.com refresh score/report question

hi there!

my DH has the free version.  i think it only updates when there's a change to your report.

Message 2 of 6
calisig
Regular Contributor

Like @DSTforlife , it has been my experience that it only updates when there has been a change in the report, and it seems like most updates have happened around 2pm pacific for me. But starting this month, it seems like it has been updating less frequently. So far in June, it has only updated once in 14 days, and I know more things should have reported in that time. But for some reason, it seems like either my creditors haven't been reporting lately, or maybe Experian changed their frequency for the free account. I know during the "pandemic", CRA's were offering more frequent updates for free, but I wonder if they have now rolled back updates to less frequent for free accounts?

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 3 of 6
JM761
Regular Contributor

Thanks, @calisig and @DSTforlife !

I'll have to log back into experian.com and see if that's what happened with me too. There's been quite a few changes as everything is updating, being paid off, deleted, etc. I know that what I'm waiting for is off the TU and EQ reports, I was hoping I would get an update soon about EX. 

To your point, @calisig - maybe they are only updating when certain changes occur? I've figured out my collection is no longer on my account b/c when I beging a dispute (just to see), it shows today's date on the CR and the collection isn't there. When I look at the report online (dated 10 days ago), it is there. I wonder if they aren't updating for info like that but maybe updating when there are bigger updates? or maybe not specific to collections? So strange!

I'll just back to being patient (or at least trying to be), Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
calisig
Regular Contributor

I just logged in today, and it showed an update since the 14th on today, the 16th.

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 5 of 6
Veronik2019
Contributor

@JM761 wrote:

Good morning,

Just hoping someone can help me figure this out - it's not an emergency (unless you count obsessing over the removal of a late and collection as an emergency Smiley Happy ), I'm just curious/confused.

I have a free account w/ Experian.com

I do not understand the frequency that they refresh the report. Some days it's been 2x a day (report + fico), other times it''s everyy few days, other times (like now) it's been 9 days. 

Is there any rhyme or reason? I check daily to see if there's a new report available and the last update was June 7. Before that, I had reports on May 10th, 19th, 24th, 27th and then this last one on June 10. Any ideas so I can stop driving myself crazy (I know credit takes time...just wish I understood this parrt...)

Thanks!

I just checked my account in experian app. I do have a monthly paid subscription. And i noticed there has not been much alerts since January. And checked farther back and the alerts have not been constant as they used to be. But the report refreshes daily (with my subscription) I think the free one refreshes weekly ot monthly?  Here are my alerts. 8FABA808-94CA-490A-BB9B-2B2DD7409D62.jpeg

There is also a section "see whats changed" and you can see the report changes there even if you didnt get an alert about them.

D041E658-808B-4A6F-A033-C3D460694E85.jpeg

7EB5C10A-6CA9-4708-9857-150CF87D7A0B.jpeg

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.