Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian.com vs myfico

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian.com vs myfico

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica ex on myfico updated. It is not the same score. I did an application with affinity federal credit Union and the EX score they gave me was the same one as myfico and not the score on experian. 

I haven't a clue as to how that could happen, because when Affinity pulls your credit it's not getting the data from MyFICO, it's getting it from Experian.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica I am confused as well. They even contacted me (affinity) tell me that I put I own a home but there's no mortgage on my file. Which is absolutely not true. On experian both my mortgages show but on here neither one show up. I tried to post both scores but I guess I can't since I'm new 

Message 22 of 29
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica I am confused as well. They even contacted me (affinity) tell me that I put I own a home but there's no mortgage on my file. Which is absolutely not true. On experian both my mortgages show but on here neither one show up. I tried to post both scores but I guess I can't since I'm new 

If both Affinity and myFICO are seeing different data than you see on Experian.com, then you almost definitely do have a split file. Do you have alternative names or spellings? Inconsistency with SSN/TIN? Unfortunately, you'll need to contact Experian (and possibly lenders, if any have wrong info) to get your files combined.

Are you seeing this problem with Equifax and/or Transunion as well?

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv  on my experian it does list different name variations I've tried to dispute them with experian but they said they can't remove them. It's only with EX that I have this problem. Trans and EQ are correct. I have my maiden name on my file, my ex husband last name on my file and now my current last name on my file. The only thing in my ex last name is my first mortgage. My new mortgage is in my current last name. And I have nothing in my maiden name as I haven't used it since 1998. 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv @SouthJamaica Thank you so much for your assistance. I called EX and I do have a split file they are merging them and said it should take 3-5 business days. I would never have figured it out. 

Message 25 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iv @SouthJamaica Thank you so much for your assistance. I called EX and I do have a split file they are merging them and said it should take 3-5 business days. I would never have figured it out. 

Great. Glad @iv was able to isolate the problem.

Thanks for reporting back to us on the resolution of the mystery.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case someone ever runs across this thread from the time I called EX to the time it merged was 9 days. Today my fico updated and reflects the same score on experian.com. 

Message 27 of 29
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings norain20 ~ Welcome to the forum . . . Your score remaining the same isn't uncommon. My score for 6 months remained at 738 for Experian (EX) and no matter what I did (i.e. reduced utilization and account balances) it remained the same. It wasn't until Experian removed the last charge off (CO) that I saw a score increase. Just give it some time and it will eventually update.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score did change. I had two files they merged them together and now my score has finally updated. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.