cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute closed and then reopened?

tag
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Experian dispute closed and then reopened?

Curious if anyone has dealt with this - I opened three dispute at the beginning of this week for medical collections.  Two were removed the day I initiated the dispute.  The third largest was updated as verified early today.  Then I received an email that the dispute was opened again.  I did not file a request to reopen the dispute.  Has anyone had a dispute closed and then re-opened when disputing online through Experian? 

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian dispute closed and then reopened?

When did you dispute?

Message 2 of 7
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Dispute opened 1/19 for all three disputes.  2 were removed on 1/19, nearly immediately (within two hours).  The third was "verified as accurate" and updated 1/24. Then later that same day, I received a new alert that an account dispute was opened (I did not initiate a new dispute, it just appeared with the original dispute date of 1/19). 

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 3 of 7
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

The mystery continues... OK, without receiving another notification that the dispute was removed, I woke up this morning to all three disputes being gone from my Experian and by score went up by 52 points.  I am ecstatic, but also confused because the other two disputes I received a notice they were removed before it updated the next day to reflect that.  I have had an insane streak of luck the past couple of days, thank you lunar near year !(?)

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome to the forums

I'm glad you got them removed, but if these are valid collection accounts, they may show up again.
Collection agency may have "decided" it wasnt worth it, so accounts get sold to a different CA, which may not be as accommodating.
This would be a perfect time to pay the provider, even if you settle for a less, or you're running a risk of them showing up again.
Most do, in fact

Anyways, congrats on removal and good luck
Message 5 of 7
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Yes, I have already paid all of the debt through the OC (ER).  Is that what you mean by "provider" (i.e. not the CA)?

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 6 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes.
If you paid it to OC, that's probably the reason why they were removed

Congrats on getting rid of them forever.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.