Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian screwed me up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian screwed me up!

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions that I need to clear up. I just went to annualcreditreport.com and checked my credit reports. TransUnion and Equifax worked beautifully (I was able to save a .pdf copy and print the reports)....however, Experian failed.Yes, failed. It gave me an error message and said I should request it in writing. Has anyone had this happen to them? Should I send the request via paper form. Does that count as 2 inquiries in less than a year? Please help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Experian screwed me up!

Happens very often. More so for younger people.  It will not count as a second inquiry as the first was not filled.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions that I need to clear up. I just went to annualcreditreport.com and checked my credit reports. TransUnion and Equifax worked beautifully (I was able to save a .pdf copy and print the reports)....however, Experian failed.Yes, failed. It gave me an error message and said I should request it in writing. Has anyone had this happen to them? Should I send the request via paper form. Does that count as 2 inquiries in less than a year? Please help.

I’ve had to get a paper copy s not to me before because of errors. When a computer does the bulk of the work it happens. And snail mail sometimes has to be used. Thus is life. It doesn’t count against your free report unless you get the report. So counts only as one.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be clear: my reports didn’t have errors. The annualcreditreport.com Experian website had “technical difficulties” and wouldn’t show me my report. They ask to send it in writing but I already made the request online, now, I’m making it in writing. That’s twice.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.