Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Dropped Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Dropped Help

Nov 2020   The one and only CA which was an old RISE account was removed from all 3 CB's.  I saw an increase in my FICO 8 scores but not much movement in my  mortgage scores. My goal is 700 Mortgage.    Well this CA account is with  NCA and is scheduled to age off  in March  2021.   I get an alert from myFICO in February 2021 stating that the CA account is being reported again! I was heartbroken my scores dropped like 30-50 points.  The CA is only being reported on EQ and TU. EX is not showing the account at all.  My question  is , Is this normal for a CA to remove then re-report a month before the account ages off?    EQ -DOFD is 4/2021 and TU estimated date of removal is 3/2021. The original RISE account is from 4/2014.  I don't know what to do now. I was hoping to purchase a home by the summer 2021.   Any tips, suggestions or advice would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Dropped Help

@Anonymous wrote:

Nov 2020   The one and only CA which was an old RISE account was removed from all 3 CB's.  I saw an increase in my FICO 8 scores but not much movement in my  mortgage scores. My goal is 700 Mortgage.    Well this CA account is with  NCA and is scheduled to age off  in March  2021.   I get an alert from myFICO in February 2021 stating that the CA account is being reported again! I was heartbroken my scores dropped like 30-50 points.  The CA is only being reported on EQ and TU. EX is not showing the account at all.  My question  is , Is this normal for a CA to remove then re-report a month before the account ages off?    EQ -DOFD is 4/2021 and TU estimated date of removal is 3/2021. The original RISE account is from 4/2014.  I don't know what to do now. I was hoping to purchase a home by the summer 2021.   Any tips, suggestions or advice would be appreciated! 

Yes, they can take it off and re-add it at any point in the 7.5 year reporting window. I had several CAs accounts that did this monthly. They do it to get your attention.

It does not change the DoFD nor the age off date, so nothing to be hearbroken about. It will still age off next month. It should have been off of EX already, as they remove derogs 2 months early, so that is correct. EQ should be at some point by the end of this month or early next month. TU, you could have requested EE (early exclusion) directly from TU 6 months ago, but at this point it should be off next month.

You are only a week or less away, so I wouldn't waste any energy worrying about them.

No tips or tricks needed, just wait.

The question is, how did you get them removed? They did it themselves? NCA and Rise, both?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding and providing insight 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I just waited for them to age off.  I did attempt to settle with NCA but they were unwilling to budge and I knew it was nearing expiration.  That account has burned me for 7 years and I am glad to see it go.  I have been working on my credit for 2 years and that is my only CA. 

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It will still get removed as indicated, reporting period doesn't get extended just because they are reporting again.

There is typically a month or two difference in when they get removed, EQ usually (but not always) being the last.

Worst case scenario, you have to wait till April to start the process, and that's not that far out. 

Most likely, they are just trying to get your attention. 

You might want to look into offerering them a small settlement because while the debt cannot be reported past 7.5 years from DOFD, it doesn't get erased. 

It will keep getting resold, calls won't stop even if they cannot report or engage in litigation. 

Might save you some headache, but certainly your choice on how you chose to proceed. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.