Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Simulator a bit off?

tag
Mysta
Established Member

FICO Simulator a bit off?

So I have no negative remarks and had been simulating what would happen if I paid down x dollars, it showed that it would go up about 150 points if I did that so I paid about 95% of what I simulated and it only went up about 50. Nothing else negative, no balances went up only down. Does this mean something else is contributing more negatively than the simulator is guessing vs just straight high balances?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Simulator a bit off?

Simulators are notoriously inaccurate and can't be relied on. 

Message 2 of 7
Mysta
Established Member

Yeah I kinda figured it wouldn't be accurate but it seems basically useless if it's that far off.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are basically useless. I simulated what would happen after my CLIs hit my credit report and the estimator predicted a 5 point loss. I have gained 15 points so far and not all CLIs have hit my report yet. So yeah, simulators are fun to play around with but I don't believe they provide any real insight.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mysta wrote:

Yeah I kinda figured it wouldn't be accurate but it seems basically useless if it's that far off.

I would tend to agree with you on that.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used even the Chase TransUnion simulator and no matter what I changed it showed my score wouldn't go up at all. All these simulators are a joke and give little to no insight unfortunately.

Great job getting it up by 50 points! That's a huge jump reguardless! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simulators are never going to be accurate since they only taking into consideration a handful of variables; many only ask maybe 10 questions about your credit profile.  There are dozens of pieces of data that go into a score and probably a near infinite amount of them when considered relative to one another in the many different scorecards.  Asking 10 basic questions and making simulations off of that limited info is never going to be very consistent.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.