cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO hit for removing myself from 2 AU accounts ????

tag
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

FICO hit for removing myself from 2 AU accounts ????

Hey folks.

I am AU on 2 of DWs Chase accounts. Her CSP with $0 balance and a $7k CL also the Freedom with $0 balance and a $2.8k CL. They are both 10 months old. It will reduce my totals by $9.8k but my UTI will still by fine, if anything i expect the UTI to drop under 5% by next cycle.

I am looking to get in with Chase in May 2019 and taking out these 2 accounts from my reports will get me to 3/24 by april 2020.

My question is what kind of Fico hit can i expect by taking out the accounts completely??

Here are my present DPs;

Total CL with AUs on personal file: $58,100   UTI: 7%

Total CL without AUs: $48,300   UTI: 9%

F8 EX: 760, EQ: 743, TU: 755

Thanks for the help.

8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO hit for removing myself from 2 AU accounts ????

To my understanding AU accounts doesn't factor into Chase's 5/24 rule. Maybe someone can correct me if it's not true.

Once your UTI gets to 5%, the AU should not impact you scorewise on UTI. I can't recall if the threshold is exactly at 8.9%, 8.99% or rounded up to 9%.

Depending, you might see a change in account age; AAoA, AoYA.
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's not true, they are counted just like any other revolving account.
If denied, at times it's possible to get an analyst to overlook an AU account, but I would not count on that.

With that said, being over 5/24 does not result in being denied for everyone.

Message 3 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Remedios = 1
AllZero = still 0
Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

😮

I'll share
Remedios 1/2
All zero 1/2
Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you! But it'll break my perfect record. 😝
Message 6 of 9
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. That's news to me, I thought the denial is set in stone without a pre-approval. I have a personal checking with them but no pre-approvals. I check every week. I have pre-approvals from everybody from Citi, FNBO, BBVA, and several others but zilch from Chase.

Do you really think I have a chance with a cold app. the last time I cold apped, I had 11/12 inq on EX and 10/12 on TU and I think 4 new accounts in the prior 6-12 months, they pulled both. It went into review and then denied. Scores were high 600s/low 700s, can't remember. Now my inquiries on EX is 3/12 would be 0/12 by December this year. I have 1/12 inq on TU. My last credit card app was December 2018 and last new account is now 7months old. Income is 6 figures. And scores up in the main post is current as of today.

Do I stand a chance? Thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Cold app - I would not recommend.

In branch - speak with a banker. You might see prequals not available online.
Message 8 of 9
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
To my understanding AU accounts doesn't factor into Chase's 5/24 rule. Maybe someone can correct me if it's not true.

Once your UTI gets to 5%, the AU should not impact you scorewise on UTI. I can't recall if the threshold is exactly at 8.9%, 8.99% or rounded up to 9%.

Depending, you might see a change in account age; AAoA, AoYA.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought of those too but by my calculations show that I will have the same AAoA if I can get Chase to remove the 2 accounts and my AoYA stays the same

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.