Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTC - Call or Write?

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: FTC - Call or Write?

ktl55 wrote:
again, no I do not. I do not have or ever had a collection with NCO.

Not with NCO  but do you have any accounts that are in collections with any other collection agency?  I know you don't have any with NCO  but do you have any accounts that are in collections or could be on their way to collection.      Not with NCO.
Message 11 of 19
Boswd
Valued Contributor

ktl55 wrote:
I have/had 1 CC in my life (current, never been late) and 1 SL (current for the last 6 years, never late)

Doesn't have to be a credit card or  a loan.    Do you have a forgotten Columbia House, cell phone bill and old phone bill   NCO  got info from somewhere and if you don't have anything that was bad in the past and everything is current then yes file a complaint.  But NCO is also in the busisness of buying OLD  junk debt that has never been collected on and what CA do before they purchase a debt they'll pull up your credit info and see if it is worth it to them to purchase it.  
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ktl55 wrote:
Thanks. I filed a complaint on FTC's website. I'm hit BBB next. What method do I use to contact AG's office. I'm not up to going to court or anything like that over an inquiry. if contacting the FTC, BBB and AG doesn't work, I'll just wait to 24 months for it to drop off.

Sounds like a good approach.  You'd write a letter to the AG's office in your home state (because NCO is doing business there by dealing with you) and in the state where NCO's HQ is located (Pennsylvania).  Here's a good thread to follow:

***Link to site promoting credit repair removed by Admin***

Good luck!  And while it takes 24 months to age off, it will be out of FICO reach in 12 months.  Your score only takes into account the inqs made within the most recent 12 months.

Message Edited by Barry on 05-23-2007 10:17 AM
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boswd is right, these guys are real bottom feeders and there's a good chance they bought your debt from someone else.
Message 14 of 19
ktl55
Regular Contributor

no collections account on the way. I had some collections that have been paid and have been deleted from my CR. Nothing is on the way, nothing is late, nothing is coming. The collections I did have have been taken care of. I paid the ones I had in full. I didn't partial pay anything so they couldn't be coming to me for balances. The bottom line is that there is no legal legitimate reason NCO had to pull my CR.
Message 15 of 19
ktl55
Regular Contributor

that would be true if I had debt. I don't have any. no balances, no new collections, nothing I should be worried about. I have paid ALL my bills from the last 7 years.............longer but who's counting. I have a very thin credit file because I never had credit with anyone. I had some medical co-pays that have been paid in full and deleted by the CRA. My TU will will have nothing on it once that TWC account is deleted. MY exp cr will have nothing once the TWC is deleted ad I have 1 account with Equ that will be deleted (hopefully in the next 10 days). After that I will have nothing on my CR but 1 CC, 1 SL and inquires. Plus ALL my collection were paid, no balances on anything.
Message 16 of 19
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Then you have a great case for complaint.   Sorry about the confusion,  just wanted to make sure you turned over every rock and to ensure your complaint will be taken serious and it won't be considered frivolous.    Good luck
Message 17 of 19
ktl55
Regular Contributor

thanks. no problem.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooooops, admin, sorry, that was unintentional!!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.