Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Credit Karma Inquiry Alerts?

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

False Credit Karma Inquiry Alerts?

This past Sunday, I got a couple of alerts from Credit Karma that a new inquiry was placed on my Equifax report. Specifically from "Navy FCU", once at noon and again at 6:30pm-ish. Rightfully freaked out because I've never been in the Navy and would never even think to apply for any of NFCU's products, I immediately went to make sure my reports were locked down and then pulled a copy of my report. Confusingly, no new inquiries were showing up. The most recent inquiry was from April 2019.

Is this CK being goofy, or am I missing something?

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: False Credit Karma Inquiry Alerts?

Hopefully just goofy but check your free report on annualcreditreport.com just to make sure someone hasn't been goofier.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 5
Stralem
Established Contributor

Whoops, wrong forum.

So far, MyFico, the free annual credit site, and EQ's own paid reporting services (yeah, I went all the way), show no sign of those inquiries that CK is reporting. So strange. CK's reporting is usually spot on...

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 3 of 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

CK's reporting is usually spot on...

Sometimes they hiccup.... Ck has reported multiple times my Home Depot and Lowes accts as closed but showing my dh's cl on them. (au on his)  They reversed the cl's. His Lowes is $30k but showed mine was $30k and closed.  Reported me as an AU on his with a $5k limit, stuff like that.  Wallethub did the same thing at the same time.....monkey see; monkey do. Smiley Very Happy   They've also reported I missed a pymt on my loc, had me calling up my bank pdq.  Glad CK corrected but jeez, not fun getting those fo-alerts.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

For the entire 4 years of being a member there (recently closed my account) I recieved regular 'false' alerts which really only served one purpose. Me freaking out, the first few times, to realize they were all false & likely sent to force me to login...haha

Just my .02 worth...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.