Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

False Fico score

I have a score of 0. FICO states I do not have a credit account lasting 6 months.
This is false. I have had four seperat acconts with Bandera Bank and currently have one longer than six months. They said I was deceased. That's definitely not the case. I need this resolved quickly. Opportunities have passed by me because of this. And, it has affected much of my everyday living. Can anyone point me in the direction that can resolve this issue as quick as possible????
4 REPLIES 4
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: False Fico score

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a score of 0. FICO states I do not have a credit account lasting 6 months.
This is false. I have had four seperat acconts with Bandera Bank and currently have one longer than six months. They said I was deceased. That's definitely not the case. I need this resolved quickly. Opportunities have passed by me because of this. And, it has affected much of my everyday living. Can anyone point me in the direction that can resolve this issue as quick as possible????

From their website it does not appear that Bandera Bank offers credit cards.  I am uncertain if they do installment loans. https://www.banderabank.com/ProductsServices/tabid/5801/Default.aspx

You don't say what the four accounts you have with them are, but it is likely that none of those are reporting to the CRB's.  A checking or savings account is not a "credit account" and will not assist you in generating a credit score.  You need actual credit products (a credit card and/or installment loan) to start generating credit history.

Who is it that says you are deceased?  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure there are banks in Texas that offer more than 1 location and that don't charge fees for checking/savings.  You should find one.  I agree w/RB from above, I don't see any credit products on that site.

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, I've moved your thread to 'General Credit' so that your mention of being reported deceased can be addressed, since that may be a more urgent matter and/or related to having no FICO score.

--UB

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first thing our OP should do is to pull his three credit reports at AnnualCreditReport.com.  He needs to look carefully to see whether the reports themslves say he is deceased.

If so, here is a brief article from Experian about what he can do:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-to-do-if-mistakenly-reported-as-deceased/

I got that from Googling false report of being deceased :

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=false+reprt+of+being+deceased

It looks like many of those articles may be helpful.  I suggest that he read at least a dozen of them and take careful notes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.