cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

Well they did it again! My statement cycled on the 13th, card was $0, threw some charges on it and they updated again from 0 back to $55 this morning. 

 

Its going to be impossible to have AZEO with my PayPal Cashback unless I pay off my NFCU BT and stop using the PayPal Cashback until I do. 

 

I am pretty ticked off right now, the erratic reporting makes no sense! 18D24860-9BB5-4163-8591-EBF10B1F1B2A.gif



01/2019:
12/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 31 of 50
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

With a balance transfer, you can't really do AZEO anyway because AZEO calls for a tiny balance. You'll probably achieve your AZEO score with up to 8.9% overall utilization and 28.9% individual card utilization. But there have been reports of some getting dinged below those thresholds, thus the tiny balance.

 

How much of a score change do you see when a second card reports a balance?

Message 32 of 50
Super Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting


@HeavenOhio wrote:

With a balance transfer, you can't really do AZEO anyway because AZEO calls for a tiny balance. You'll probably achieve your AZEO score with up to 8.9% overall utilization and 28.9% individual card utilization. But there have been reports of some getting dinged below those thresholds, thus the tiny balance.

 

How much of a score change do you see when a second card reports a balance?


Right now it’s all a mess because BBVA, Disco, and PayPal are all reporting balances in addition to NFCU but I’ll be getting that down to PayPal and NFCU when my next statements generate, I wasn’t expecting BBVA to report and Disco ended up cutting with 21 bucks on it because they posted my statement a day late and reported pending charges that posted that morning. 

 

NFCU is going from >28.9 to <18.9 since I shuffled my limits around so I imagine I’ll pick up 10 points for getting back under 28.9% there. 

 

AZEO still has a benefit over 8.9% from what I’ve read, it’s just not optimal but it’s better than half your cards reporting a balance for sure. 

 

My overall is less than 8.9% and will be going down to 4.3% when Disco and BBVA report. 



01/2019:
12/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 33 of 50
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting


@Saeren wrote:

AZEO still has a benefit over 8.9% from what I’ve read, it’s just not optimal but it’s better than half your cards reporting a balance for sure.

Most people get their AZEO score at 8.9%. It's been very few that have reported exceptions. It's been even fewer that have been able to follow up with a test the following month without some other variable slipping in. Things like utilization and number of cards with balances are good things to test to see how your profile reacts. Synchrony isn't making it easy, though. Smiley Happy

 

Of course, the real issue is Synchrony's unexpected reporting. It's getting to the point where mortgage applicants might consider zeroing out their Sync cards and leaving them sock drawered until the mortgage has closed.

Message 34 of 50
Super Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

The even more irritating thing is that Sync isn’t consistent across the bureaus. Experian says $55, TU says $15 (updated 4 days ago, I don’t know how that’s possible when I paid that $15 way before that), and EQ currently says $0. 

 

My actual balance is $115 Smiley Frustrated

 

I am not really looking for full AZEO benefit by the way, just trying to scrape up some points to pick my TU back to 700 and bring my EQ and EX up to 670 again. 

 

I will be paying down the BT quickly. I’ve only got to knock it down from 2287 to 1130 to get to 8.9% which I can do in two months and still PIF my other cards. 



01/2019:
12/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 35 of 50

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

UPDATE: Well, I had called them, they aplologized and said that it's not their practice to report in between statements.  My next statement cut for PayPal and they did report the updated balance, so we'll see what happens in this cycle.

 

HOWEVER, here's the kicker... on my Synchrony Amazon Store Card, they just reported in between statements.  In this case it actually helped me because I got a CLI and paid down the balance, but it does look like they randomly do this mid statement reporting.

Message 36 of 50
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

My wife has the Marvel card and it randomly reports at least twice per month! Crazy
Message 37 of 50
Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

Synchrony is killing me!!!  I have several accounts with them and paid them all off on Feb 21st and they are still reporting a balance on all of my reports.  My statement date are all around the 15th and as of today they are still reporting a balance.

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 38 of 50
Senior Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting

I'm glad this thread is here.   My (new) Sync account is all over the place with each credit bureau (one is at 63% UTI, another is reporting the initial 4500 limit at 0%UTI, the other is reporting the 8800 limit at 0%UTI - I have no idea what's going on) - good to know it's not just me.

On the upside (for me), it's a 0% promotional thing, so I'm just going to pay down the charge over the next couple of years and not add new charges.   Once it's done, I'll likely just stay the heck away from Sync.   If I had known 1.  I was applying for a new revolver account or 2.  that it's Sync, I would have just paid for the dang thing up front.



EQ: 798 | EX: 774 | TU: 771 | Accounts: 1/6 4/12 8/24
Message 39 of 50
Senior Contributor

Re: Fed up with Synchrony's reporting


@calyx wrote:

I'm glad this thread is here.   My (new) Sync account is all over the place with each credit bureau (one is at 63% UTI, another is reporting the initial 4500 limit at 0%UTI, the other is reporting the 8800 limit at 0%UTI - I have no idea what's going on) - good to know it's not just me.

On the upside (for me), it's a 0% promotional thing, so I'm just going to pay down the charge over the next couple of years and not add new charges.   Once it's done, I'll likely just stay the heck away from Sync.   If I had known 1.  I was applying for a new revolver account or 2.  that it's Sync, I would have just paid for the dang thing up front.



And 'oh look' I just got alerts - they reported again (payment isn't due until 4/5).
This is crazy.


EQ: 798 | EX: 774 | TU: 771 | Accounts: 1/6 4/12 8/24
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.