Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FiCO Score on PENFED

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

FiCO Score on PENFED

So I have a savings account with PENFED and back in May I was declined for a CC.

I was under the impression that with a savings account and membership, I would be entitled to a F09 EQ score quarterly.

I am being told by a rep today that only "active loan, line of credit, or credit card" to get the FICO score.

I couldda sworn I read on here the contrary - that membership and a savings gets you the FICO score.

Not that it really matters, I am getting this score other ways - but has anyone with just a checking or savings get their FICO score from PENFED..?

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FiCO Score on PENFED

I get my score from Penfed and all I have is a savings and checking. I've got $5 (or whatever the minimum is) in savings and $500 in my checking there. I do not have direct deposit to those accounts. 

FWIW I do remember it seemed like it took forever for my score to finally show up in my online account. It updates quarterly i think. 

If I remember right, I used the app on my phone to "sign up" for the FICO score. 

Message 2 of 6
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It updates quarterly i think. 

Generally mine updates monthly, but yes sometimes it goes for 3 months without updating.  There's a HUGE delay between the pull and when you can actually see it.  I stopped keeping track of the exact timing long ago but it seems like almost a month delay.

Message 3 of 6
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

I think in the navy fed thread in the applications section, it was said that the soft pull is done every fourth Tuesday. But I think the score is updated bi-monthly. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 4 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I can confirm I receive an EQ score from PenFed. I received it with their regular share account before I opened a checking account. 

IIRC, it is the EQ Nextgen FICO Score. 

Message 5 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

I can confirm I receive an EQ score from PenFed. I received it with their regular share account before I opened a checking account. 

IIRC, it is the EQ Nextgen FICO Score. 

RE: PenFed Score

Your FICO® Score 9, based on Equifax data and pulled on 06/16/2020, is 775 and is the same score that PenFed uses to manage your account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.