Fico 9

When will MYFICO start showing the FICO 9 scores

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico 9

I don't believe anything has been mentioned at all in regard to FICO 9 scores being offered, however I know I am sure interested.  Given the differences that have been stated about this model, I know I am very curious about where I would fall score-wise within that model.

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seen this mentioned on one of my cc's.  Not sure which one?  Have checked recently and some are not reporting a score at the moment.  But it did mention that this version was suppose to be better.  I think we would have to wait and see?  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have creditors that use it?

Message 4 of 6
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have creditors that use it?

@Anonymous.... the real ? is when will the majority of creditors begin using it? It isnt something Id be waiting to happen. Its (Fico 9) relevance will be determined as issuers start using it. And its mostly going to benefit those who hav defaulted medical related charges that hav been attached to their CRs. I wouldnt hold much more significance to it than that @ present. Therefore its impact relative to your current credit profile may be minimal @ best.

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Given that my own financial services employer only recently switched to FICO 8, it'll be a while before FICO 9 is adopted by any meaningful cross-section of the industry in my estimation.  Don't see the GSE's moving at anything but a glacial pace, and most of the dominant CC players are on a FICO 8 variant and wouldn't surprise me if they made an apples to apples comparison between VS 3 and FICO 9 before switching to one or the other.  Will be interesting to see how it shapes up.

I do sort of wonder why my employer didn't go FICO 9 now since the score was available for purchase when we made the switch (after virtually no testing but I digress); some of the changes made in it would be directly applicable to the traditional credit strata we play in... but guess that's why I'm a leaf object /shrug.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.