Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Once Again...

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Fraud Once Again...

It has been months since I've had fraud on my Amex. But these people love using it at gas stations and not just for a tank of gas but for almost $100 worth of stuff. 

I'll have my new card on Monday. Ay-yi-yi-yi Lucy! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud Once Again...

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

It has been months since I've had fraud on my Amex. But these people love using it at gas stations and not just for a tank of gas but for almost $100 worth of stuff. 

Wow months....that's a long timeSmiley Surprised  Is this happening only with Amex or do you have issues with fraud on other cards?

Message 2 of 11
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Wow months....that's a long timeSmiley Surprised  Is this happening only with Amex or do you have issues with fraud on other cards?

Only Amex. Haven't had a problem with any other cards. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Do you have any AUs on your Amex cards?

Message 4 of 11
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Do you do a lot of online purchasing with your AMEX card? I don't understand how people can keep getting a hold of your information... My dad seems to have a lot of trouble with fraud charges, but that's because he always buys random crap online from shady websites. I've told him countless times to knock it off, but he doesn't like to listen to someone who knows better LOL.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 11
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Do you have any AUs on your Amex cards?

I do. It's my wife but it was done with my card. Even said it was "present". It's my daily driver so I literally use it for EVERYTHING. 

Message 6 of 11
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Do you do a lot of online purchasing with your AMEX card? I don't understand how people can keep getting a hold of your information... My dad seems to have a lot of trouble with fraud charges, but that's because he always buys random crap online from shady websites. I've told him countless times to knock it off, but he doesn't like to listen to someone who knows better LOL.

I don't, TBH. Amazon here and there. Grub Hub once a month. 

Yeah, I'm wondering how as well. I do work in Downtown Los Angeles and have to park in parking structures for work. I also eat at a lot of hole in the wall restaurants. 

Message 7 of 11
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Yeah, I'm wondering how as well. I do work in Downtown Los Angeles and have to park in parking structures for work. I also eat at a lot of hole in the wall restaurants. 

Yeah that could definitely be where they're getting your info. Lots of shady people out there who won't think twice about using YOUR money. My dad even had someone text him from a random number claiming to be Wells Fargo and wanted him to "verify" his social security number and other private info lol. Like, ok, suuurrree here you go!!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 8 of 11
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Yeah that could definitely be where they're getting your info. Lots of shady people out there who won't think twice about using YOUR money. My dad even had someone text him from a random number claiming to be Wells Fargo and wanted him to "verify" his social security number and other private info lol. Like, ok, suuurrree here you go!!

They shot him a text? Wow. People are unbelievable...

Message 9 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Probably got skimmed at a gas pump

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.