cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny Observation: report discrepancy between 2 free sources on same bureau when pulled on same day

tag
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

Funny Observation: report discrepancy between 2 free sources on same bureau when pulled on same day

I have some free sources to get FICO scores, Wells Fargo (EX FICO9, now they offer score and report) and experian.com (EX FICO8).

I have a CC account statement closed 5 days ago, previous balance was $200, new balance is $100. When both sources updated the score and report today, new balance $100 is updated on Wells Fargo report, experian.com still have old balance $200. If both sources are pulling from same bureau and same report, I am surprised that experian (its own service) didn't get the most updated report. This keeps me wonder how this could happen if they are pulling from the same source on same day.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funny Observation: report discrepancy between 2 free sources on same bureau when pulled on same

Will limit my comment to Wells Fargo. The last three months I have noticed they have been running about seven to ten calendar days longer than in the past for CB reporting (many years of reporting with them so this slowness is new for me).

Wondering if they are having personnel challenges like many employers are today?

Do not think it is with the bureau's as Discover reports the next day after statement cut!

Message 2 of 3
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

Re: Funny Observation: report discrepancy between 2 free sources on same bureau when pulled on same

Maybe I wasn't clear, the credit card account with balance is not a Wells Fargo CC, and it is not about bureau reporting.

If you have a Wells Fargo CC, you can get a free EX FICO9 score monthly, similarly to Discover. I think it was yesterday or today, they enhanced their service, called "Credit Close-Up", now you can view your report in addition to free EX FICO9 score, similarly to Credit Karma or Capital One's CreditWise except different score model.

So I enrolled in "Credit Close-Up" today, I received my new report and score dated 1/25/2022, went to experian.com, experian.com also updated my report today. When I compare those 2 reports, I noticed one of my CC that billing cycle was closed 5 days ago was updated on Wells Fargo's Credit Close-Up report, but not on Experian's own service experian.com. If they were pulling from same bureau on same day, I am confused how the balance is updated on Wells Fargo's but not Experian's own report.

BTW, if you have a Wells Fargo CC, try out Credit Close-Up, same place where you get your score, except it will ask you to enroll again. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.