Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS Apple Card Question about reporting

tag
MommyNeedsABreak1
Established Member

GS Apple Card Question about reporting

Apple Card holders.....After you got approved for the Apple Card How long was it before it hit your credit report and which bureaus does it report to? Mine still hasn't showed up on my CR and was curious if they wait a month to begin reporting.
Also do they usually report to bureaus regularly? 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Re: GS Apple Card Question about reporting

More than a month. I opened an Apple Card August 2, it just started reporting this past week.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 2 of 41
blindambition
Senior Contributor

New apps are showing more than a month. It now reports to all bureaus. The Apple Card always has delayed reporting, which is extremely annoying.

Message 3 of 41
REDBOYYY56
New Contributor

I've had the Apple card for a year now and it has never reported on time.Its always a month behind! Super unacceptable!!Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 41
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Apple Card reporting

If you have a GS Apple Card, how often are you seeing it update utilization? I opened the card in August and it started reporting in September but with a balance I had in August before the closing date, because I paid it to zero before August 31.  It's making it difficult to do AZEO with this card when they have unpredictable reporting.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 5 of 41
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card reporting

If you have purchased anything directly from Apple with the 24 payments - 0% option, it reports the balance of the promotion.   I found a way to pay off the promotion, but you have to do some digging in their app.   

Message 6 of 41
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

I'm aware that they include the financed amount for Apple products in the utilization, I'm just not seeing any updated balance for September.  I read a few posts about people experiencing this late last year/early this year but was wondering if they were still having delayed or inconsistent reporting.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 7 of 41
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would highly suggest you NOT use your Apple Card for AZEO.

Make it one of your ZERO cards and pay it in full before the end of the month.

GS is slow to report timely and to each bureau and if you're working for AZEO for score bumps, the inconsistency here could result in a result you weren't anticipating.  Pick another card to carry a balance on and keep this at ZERO if AZEO is your plan.

Message 8 of 41
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Possible issue w/ Apple Card

I contacted Goldman Sachs today about my Apple Card’s trade line not being reported to the credit bureaus after two months of use — it’s reporting now... the update was almost instant.

I also noticed a problem with GS reporting policy. My Apple Card shows a due date of December 31st but will change to November 30th on some days then change back to December 31st.

I spoke with a rep from GS about this issue and she confirmed that my statement due dates are due on the 31st of the following month, so let’s say I charged $25 on December 1st, the statement due date would be January 31st.

That sounds little strange to me but I’m cool with that because I could potentially carry balance longer without occurring interest and still pay in full at the end of the cycle — but here’s the catch, GS will still report any balance regardless of the due date on the 19th of each month according to company policy.

This could be damaging to somebody’s credit utilization rate — a balance being reported before the due date.

I spoke with two reps about this, one via chat and another via phone, and both of them confirmed this as being accurate.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 9 of 41
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Re: Possible issue w/ Apple Card

This is standard with most card issuers. From what I understand...Chase, for example, is an exception where they will mid-cycle update the bureaus when the balance is paid to $0.

All my cards I have report the balance as of the statement date and have always done this...Your payment due date is part of your "grace period" for repayment. For example, most issuers have a 20-25 day grace period.

In this example, your statement generates on the 3rd of the month and you have a 25 day grace period making it due on the 28th. This means your minimum payment or full statement balance is due by that date. If you pay the full balance, you won't be assessed any interest assuming you didn't have a balance carried over from the previous statement that wasn't paid in full.

Like you stated, even though (in this example) you have a 25 day grace period, you can actually end up with one much greater. A grace period with issuers assumes your 1 and only transaction for the statement period falls on the last day of the cycle...and by that, they have to abide by their card agreement to to give you a 25 day grace period to repay without interest. 

Now, let's say for example, you make a purchase on the 4th of the month (right after a statement generates). You'll now have up to the 28th of the next month to repay without interest...this means old statement generates on the 3rd, purchase comes in on the 4th of the same month, new statement generates on the 3rd of the following month and is due on the 28th.

Make sense? I hope it does and I didn't confuse you as I tend to ramble.

Hope this helps, but ask away for any clarification.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.