Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Example Letters

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Example Letters

i really need to do this, when i left for the military i was unable to pay a few of my bills and they were reported 90 days late due to me being in basic training.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani!

You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.

THANK YOU!Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 87
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Vi1976 wrote:
Tuscani!

You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.

THANK YOU!Smiley Happy

My pleasure!
Message 13 of 87
serenity72
New Contributor

Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?
Message 14 of 87
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

serenity72 wrote:
Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?

You bet!
Message 15 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.
Message 16 of 87
demitasse03
Valued Member

Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-08-2007 12:43 PM
Message 17 of 87
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

demitasse03 wrote:
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-08-2007 12:43 PM

Never hurts to ask!
Message 18 of 87
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

JS wrote:
If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.

You should each send one.
Message 19 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

JS wrote:

DW and I sent one GW letter to Chase. Three accounts--hers, mine and ours. One GW letter worked for both of us for all 3 accounts.

Message 20 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.