Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWs declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GWs declined

My GW letters I sent to Wells Fargo and Toyota were both declined. Both of them said that since the payments were actually 30 days late, under the FCRA they have to report accurate information and cannot make a good will adjustment to remove them from my CRs :-/ I don't know what to do now, anyone have any ideas? I'd hate to just give up.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: GWs declined

I keep sending GW letters until the lates are removed. Try sending out a new GW letter each month, or to different addresses for each creditor.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Avoid disputing as it could erase the TL.

I'd send again and again and again and again. If they haven't sent a restraining order yet, you didn't send enough GWs.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

I had actually disputed the Wells Fargo because it was lost in the mail, but technically it was late :-/ Anyway, I am going to try and find some e-mail addresses or something for Toyota and Wells Fargo to see if I can get any better response that way. I hate that they say they are required to report accurate information even though they are not required to report.

I wonder if I should write a different GW letter, but I used the standard format that others posted here. I will let everyone know how it goes - any further advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate having these two baddies, especially since the Toyota account is paid for and closed.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried a bit of a different approach to the letter I e-mailed from the TFS site, it is below. Hopefully they will give me the response I would like :-) rather than the typical "required to report accurate information".

Account Number: xxx

Good Afternoon,
I am writing to you today in hopes that you could make a goodwill adjustment to my wifes (xxxx) and my Credit Reports for a 30 day late that was posted in October 2006 for Septembers payment.

While our payment was late (due to chaotic time and late mailing), I was hoping that you could remove the late from our reports. The account is paid for and closed and we would like to clean up our credit before we get a new Toyota Camry.

I hope you are able to make this goodwill gesture and remove the late. I understand that you must report accurate information, but if you could use your right to "not report" and mark October as not reported we would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
xxxx
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent this one to Wells Fargo through their online account contact form:

Good Afternoon,
I am writing to you today in hopes that you could make a goodwill adjustment to my wifes (xxx) and my Credit Reports for a 30 day late that was posted in September 2007 for August’s payment.

While our payment was late (due to being lost in the mail for over a month), I was hoping that you could remove the late from our reports. We are in the process of trying to clean up our credit and rid of unwanted debt and one of the things we would like to clean up is this 30 day late.

I hope you are able to make this goodwill gesture and remove the late. I understand that you must report accurate information, but if you could use your right to "not report" and mark September as not reported we would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
xxx
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also try sending the GW letters to the Presidents of the companies or someone else high up.  That seems to work as well.
Message 7 of 10
angie23
Valued Member

I would just keep sending them. You will probably get a nice person that will help you out eventually! Good Luck!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

RSidetrack wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I had actually disputed the Wells Fargo because it was lost in the mail, but technically it was late :-/ Anyway, I am going to try and find some e-mail addresses or something for Toyota and Wells Fargo to see if I can get any better response that way. I hate that they say they are required to report accurate information even though they are not required to report.

I wonder if I should write a different GW letter, but I used the standard format that others posted here. I will let everyone know how it goes - any further advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate having these two baddies, especially since the Toyota account is paid for and closed.

Hey, I've been trying to GW Wells Fargo too!  My mom has a few lates (4 yrs ago) and I haven't had any success. 

Let me know if you get any back door fax numbers or have success & I'll keep you posted too.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got responses to my e-mails. Wells Fargo responded saying the same thing - they must report accurate information and cannot make a goodwill adjustment. Toyota replied and said all credit items must be submitted to such and such address - which is where I sent my original goodwill.

I am going to need to find some higher up people, but haven't had much success in finding a list of staff. I will keep everyone posted if I ever have success with either of these.

Thanks everyone!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.