Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garden

Almost a month in the Garden and Iam very happy with the results I’ve seen my score go from the low 600 to almost the 700
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden

Congrats Obed1, just keep in mind that there will be times when scores do not change for a long time, don't be discouraged, it's the way it's suppose to be. And don't forget about that Credit One account, like we said few weeks ago, get rid of it before next annual fee hits, 3 cards is enough to build a solid profile, don't be taken advantage of by a predatory lender. Stay cool.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you I will close credit one
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on staying in line with your goals!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you hoping for a bright financial future
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you hoping for a bright financial future

You don't have to hope, its happening right before your eyes. Consider how many people you pass on a daily basis that have no clue about their credit. Here's an experiment, spark conversations about credit with people in your circle and compare yourself. I can guarantee you'll find that you're far ahead of the curve. 

I don't know why that is though, but it doesn't seem that the general public cares about their credit until they're denied for something they really want (apartment, car, or house). Not only do they have to see where they are at this point, but they're also going to have a fresh inquiry that resulted in a denial to start with. 

Investing your time in the knowledge needed to successfully navigate your credit file will yield guaranteed returns on that investment. Results may vary but they'll be far better than if you had not invested your time to learn, so don't hope.. KNOW

p.s. I have insomnia, so excuse my rant, congrats all the same

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Almost a month in the Garden and I am very happy with the results I’ve seen my score go from the low 600 to almost the 700

The strategy of "gardening" is a good one, but the scoring factors it affects are all age-related and they don't begin to have an effect until typically three months, six months, and a year.  You have been gardening for less than 30 days and so your scoring boost must be due to something else: credit card balances reporting much lower, old derogs falling off, etc.

Possible exceptions might be if you had many inquiries that were 11 months old (and therefore they fell off FICO's radar) or if your AAoA was within a month of some critical breakpoint (e.g. 1 year and 11 months) but even so that could not account for a scoring boost of 90 points.

Naturally we are all happy to hear that you are gardnening (a great decision!) and otherwise engaging in good credit behavior, but it's important to have an accurate vision of what is helping you and why.

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

CreditGuy caught what is an excellent point. You only being in the garden seeing that jump means something dramatic changed for the better on your reports.

So, to go back to what a couple of the others posted, do no be surprised if you get to a point where your scores do not move as much. This jump in your score I would say is more isolated and event specific regarding a critical change in your profile. But keep doing what you are doing. Gardening is a good thing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.