Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi fraud help

tag
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Citi fraud help

My mother had some fraud on her Best Buy Citi card.  She hasn't used the card in a few months. The statement ended up closing with the fraud charges still on there, so there's now a minimum payment for those charges that is coming up. She called and asked if she had to make the minimum payment and they said, "no." My question is if anyone has experience with fraud from Citi and if she should make the minimum payment just in case? Any help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi fraud help

Did Citi close the account with the fraud on it and open a new account for your mom?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 4
BrokenBones
New Contributor

She called three times and each time they sent her a new card so she got three new cards. 

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@BrokenBones wrote:

She called three times and each time they sent her a new card so she got three new cards. 

Oh wow. That is getting a bit messy. At this point I would call them back asap and get someone on the line that knows what they are talking about, maybe a Supervisor, if needed. Run back through this whole situation step by step to get this ironed out with an ending that you are satisfied with. I also recommend getting them to give you some sort of documention outlining what they are doing on their end. She needs to only have one card for a new account, and the prior account closed to fraud with no charges against her, including any minumum payment. Anything outside those lines should not be, whether it's extra cards, or whatever else. 

You just want to make sure this doesn't come back to effect her negatively, due to confusion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.