Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Old Info Off My Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Old Info Off My Credit Report

I have SO many old pieces of info on my report. A business partner used my credit to get a business card and then when we split, he continued using it and not paying. I eventually got the card company to intervien but the late payments are still on my report. Is there a way to get this deleted?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Get Old Info Off My Credit Report

Have you contacted the card company and requested they update their reports to show no late payments?

The one thing you don't want to do right now is file disputes with the CRAs.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
Phana24
Regular Contributor

Re: Get Old Info Off My Credit Report

@Anonymous wrote:

I have SO many old pieces of info on my report. A business partner used my credit to get a business card and then when we split, he continued using it and not paying. I eventually got the card company to intervien but the late payments are still on my report. Is there a way to get this deleted?

How old is "old?"  Assuming the card company agreed, they are the party that should not be reporting.  If they will not cooperate, often a letter from your attorney will get some attention.  If your partner did something fraudulent, you may have to file charges to force the issue.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.