Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting OC to remove after paying CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting OC to remove after paying CA

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I was trying to search if there's any question here that's the same as mine but I can't find any. I'm just trying to see how I can get the OC to delete my account after I have paid the CA? I recently made a settlement with Midland Credit and they deleted my account after 30 days. But I saw that the original creditor is still on my credit report reporting $0 balance. Is there a way to get the OC removed from my report? Or will it be there until the FO date? Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Getting OC to remove after paying CA

You'd probably have to try a GW request to ask them to remove the account.

I'm assuming it shows lates / chargeoffs, how recent are the derogatory remarks ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting OC to remove after paying CA

Hello @pizzadude ,

I have about 4 or 5 all from comenity and paid 2 of them so far (CA).  Here's one. I was not able to pay since 2019.

Account Type Charge Card
Responsibility Individual
Date Opened 12/02/2017
Status Closed.
Status Updated May 2020
Balance $0
Balance Updated 05/02/2020
Recent Payment $0
Monthly Payment $32
Credit Limit $420
Highest Balance $626
Terms NA

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter

Hello all,

I have recently paid a collection from Midland Credit and after 30 days, they removed it from my credit report. But I saw that the original creditor (Comenity Bank) is still reporting with Balance: $0 , Status: Closed, Comments: Purchased by another lender.

Question is, do I send them a GW letter to see if they can delete the account from my report? (someone suggested this from my previous post). Do I tell them that I have settled the account with the collection agency? I'm just confused since they have sold the account to Midland. Do I dispute it? If yes, what should my reason be? I am trying to rebuild my credit because I want to get a house soon for my children. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: GW letter

If its a charge off. No one will remove it. It will have to age on off your reports. Dont dispute it. It will come back updated and trash your scores. Welcome to the forums.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FireMedic1,

Thank you for the advice. Most of the CA that I have do pfd. Except for ERC. I guess I just need to let the OC fall off. 

Message 6 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

The PFD removes the collection from your report, not the original account.  There is no way to remove the original account once the debt has been sold.  You have to take your lumps on that one, but it hurts a lot less than having that collection on there, paid or unpaid.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @FireMedic1,

Thank you for the advice. Most of the CA that I have do pfd. Except for ERC. I guess I just need to let the OC fall off. 

Yeah. It does help that the baddies no longer affect your aggreagte (overall) util %'s any longer since they report $0 balance. Time flies and it does look good that you paid your debts. Cool on the PFD collections. That will help also!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.