cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

I purchased furniture from raymour and flanigan last week and I have an account with creditKarma I know its not accurate but I checked the app and it says i have a new card with an $8,000 limit. I never asked to open a credit card with them they told me they could check my score and see if I qualify for something that wasnt a card and I could be pay in 3 weeks instead of that day. they checked my credit and said i qualify but I bought the furniture on my amex instead. could this be an enquiry and creditkarma made a mistake? I just signed up here to see my score thinking all my cards would show up too but they dont just the score no other information.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

@Anonymous wrote:

I purchased furniture from raymour and flanigan last week and I have an account with creditKarma I know its not accurate but I checked the app and it says i have a new card with an $8,000 limit. I never asked to open a credit card with them they told me they could check my score and see if I qualify for something that wasnt a card and I could be pay in 3 weeks instead of that day. they checked my credit and said i qualify but I bought the furniture on my amex instead. could this be an enquiry and creditkarma made a mistake? I just signed up here to see my score thinking all my cards would show up too but they dont just the score no other information.

Have you tried checking your credit report for free through annualcreditreport.com?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

I did that 2 months ago. So I cant get my credit reports free for 10 more months

Message 3 of 16
39Xelor
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I did that 2 months ago. So I cant get my credit reports free for 10 more months

Did you try going to Creditsesame.com? Credit.com? Quizzle? They may update enough info to list the creditor and how it shows on your report.. aka a cc.. If not, then unfortunately youll have to buy a report Smiley Sad

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 4 of 16
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you try going to Creditsesame.com? Credit.com? Quizzle? They may update enough info to list the creditor and how it shows on your report.. aka a cc.. If not, then unfortunately youll have to buy a report Smiley Sad

It sounds like they went ahead and opened a new account for you? Have you looked at your Amex statements and made sure your purchase was put on your Amex? Try calling them and figure out what's going on!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I put it on my amex and paid it off in full few days later. I just bought my credit report and it says I do have a raymour card. I clearly did not open a card and they checked my credit not for a card but it was something else forgot what it was call so instead of paying that day I could wait 3 weeks before getting the bill and I would have to pay in full. it didnt make sense so i just put it on my card instead. WHAT do i do now? do i call raymour and flanigan or who?

Message 6 of 16
jim44
Established Contributor

The store has to have your permission to pull your credit report and open an account for you.  Wells Fargo Financial Bank offers the Raymour and Flanigan store card.

Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

did you fill out an application?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they did not have my permission to open a card obviously there is a problem. I only signed off on them checking my credit to see if i qualify for what they were offering. They said my credit is good but i told them no and then after looking at furniture i bought  something with my american express. Do i call them or do i call credit bureaus ?

Message 9 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No they did not have my permission to open a card obviously there is a problem. I only signed off on them checking my credit to see if i qualify for what they were offering. They said my credit is good but i told them no and then after looking at furniture i bought  something with my american express. Do i call them or do i call credit bureaus ?

most places can't just look at your credit and do nothing with it... especially if they use a bank to underwrite the credit card and someone else said it was wells fargo, so they would only be able to submit the application to wells fargo and get an instant answer back (more than likely) and looks like that's what they did.

do you have a copy of what you signed?

you had to give them your DL, Social, Address, phone and sign , that's a full credit app!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.