cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

tag
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

@Anonymous wrote:

No they did not have my permission to open a card obviously there is a problem. I only signed off on them checking my credit to see if i qualify for what they were offering. They said my credit is good but i told them no and then after looking at furniture i bought  something with my american express. Do i call them or do i call credit bureaus ?

Request a copy of the application you signed, I know for the bank I work for submitted to see if someone would be approved will automatically open an account if approved. If you signed something you may have given them permission to do it. Those sales people get commissioned on opening those cards so they will get you to sign anything to make money.

EDIT: Just say CA's reply, basically the same thing.

Message 11 of 16
Techno
Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE? How can I find out if I have a new credit card without buying credit report?

Okay there, I think i have the right solution for you.

Go to Equifax, Transiunion or Experian Websites and request a free credit report. how? when they ask you why(you are entitled for one for multiple reasons,when u get declined from some cards/cli's is one of them) you mark Idendity theft, as your idendity might have been compromised and someone probably opened a TL under your name, you deserve a free report. you can also report to them and put a hold for 90 days for free. if that doesnt work thourgh the website you can call customer service and tell them u suspect of idendity theft (it won't hurt you credibility or credit score), i'm sure they would tell you exactly what to do.

Message 12 of 16
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did that 2 months ago. So I cant get my credit reports free for 10 more months

With Experian at least, you can continue to view and it will update. You need your report number. Go to View my report again on the bottom of the home page of experian.

If you gave them your SS# then it sounds like you opened a credit line perhaps with them.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called the store they said sorry for this and they said they would contact the credit department and cancel it. I asked if I would have to do anything or call anyone they said no they would take care of it and it would be cancelled immediatly.  I just got the transunion and equifax  earliar now I will have to do it again in few weeks to see if they really cancelled it? or will this site let me know if one of my accounts is now closed even tho i only have the score watch subcription?

Message 14 of 16
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called the store they said sorry for this and they said they would contact the credit department and cancel it. I asked if I would have to do anything or call anyone they said no they would take care of it and it would be cancelled immediatly.  I just got the transunion and equifax  earliar now I will have to do it again in few weeks to see if they really cancelled it? or will this site let me know if one of my accounts is now closed even tho i only have the score watch subcription?

I am subscribed to Score Watch but don't know about cancelled accounts. I also would have them refund you for the purchase of your CRA's, just my opinion.

Message 15 of 16
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Have them remove the TL from your credit reports, otherwise cancelling is no good, its like closing. If they dont help, dispute with CRAs. Good luck!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.