cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Removal after Approval???

Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

HP Removal after Approval???

So last week I applied for PP Credit after getting numerous pop-ups when logging in. After being approved with a $2500 SL, I got hit up on Transunion. 

The week prior to applying, I applied and was approved for the Lowes card, Synchrony also. On 7/18, I get an alert on numerous reporting sites that Synchrony/PPC has removed your hard inquiry. 

Did they remove it because they just pulled my reports a week earlier with Lowes, as to not hit me up twice in that short time frame??? Needless to say, I'm very happy that it happened. Any insight would be great, and if this is posted in the wrong place, apologies. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: HP Removal after Approval???

@Dmessina666 wrote:

So last week I applied for PP Credit after getting numerous pop-ups when logging in. After being approved with a $2500 SL, I got hit up on Transunion. 

The week prior to applying, I applied and was approved for the Lowes card, Synchrony also. On 7/18, I get an alert on numerous reporting sites that Synchrony/PPC has removed your hard inquiry. 

Did they remove it because they just pulled my reports a week earlier with Lowes, as to not hit me up twice in that short time frame??? Needless to say, I'm very happy that it happened. Any insight would be great, and if this is posted in the wrong place, apologies. 

Consider yourself hella lucky!

Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's not particularly rare for some of the 3rd party reporting sites - IME Credit Karma is the most likely - to flag that a TU inquiry has been removed, only to have it silently reappear.  Again IME I've only seen this happen with TU, never with EQ.

You might get lucky but to paraphrase a popular meme you don't want to count this chicken as having hatched just yet.  Wait until the next set of updates is processed by these sites and check again to see if the inquiry is reported.

(4/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 815 (TU) 822 (EQ) 808
FICO 9 (EX) 827 (TU) 826 (EQ) 832

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I definitely hear ya on that. Not only was it CK, but I received it on Capital One Creditwise and WalletHub. 

I was thinking since Synchrony ran my report the week prior for Lowes, they might have pulled it for PP and realized it was previously pulled not even 7 days prior. Either way, it would be nice if it disappeared. 

Message 5 of 6
CreditInspired
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Dmessina666 wrote:

Consider yourself hella lucky!

ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!

DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $6.5K ||
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.