Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVAC Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HVAC Financing

My HVAC is just about dead. I am at 630 and was denied financing by the HVAC company as they said Covid has impacted who they loan to. What are my options? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: HVAC Financing

Need a lot more info to help you. First, is that a FICO score, or a score from CK? Secondly, what is your income along with current credit cards (both limits and current balances), loans, etc. along with any derogatories such as BK, Chargeoffs, etc.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: HVAC Financing

@Anonymous wrote:

My HVAC is just about dead. I am at 630 and was denied financing by the HVAC company as they said Covid has impacted who they loan to. What are my options? 

As a former HVAC technician, I struggle to know what you mean by almost dead. The compressor either is operational or it is not, and does not normally gradually decline. Mine also is getting very old and will likely die within the next few years, but I can't predict even the year it will have to be replaced. Your options are limited with that score, but I would suggest you start saving all you can before it actually dies, and hope it is enough. You might be able to get a card with a promotional 0% interest rate to put the AC replacement on, and your current system might last longer than you think. If it is just losing freon and freezing up, adding freon might extend the service life. For the most part the compressor will just quit working without warning. Cleaning the condensor, and/or evaporator coils might also result in added life, and the condensor can be cleaned with coil cleaner and a water hose. Normally people wait until it is in fact dead to change it out because that is a very expensive undertaking. Due to my dis-abilities, it is a job I too will have to hire done. You might also check discover loans and such, but the odds for approval with that score are likely slim. Use AZEO to maximize your score before applying anywhere, as you need all the points you can get.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.