Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy New Year! 2019 goals?

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Happy New Year! 2019 goals?

@Anonymous wrote:
I promised my dog I would get the AKC Visa for her this year, for real this time.

This is one of my goals this year, too!

I have a Chase card I'd like to grab, and other than that, no other new cards wanted.

I plan on getting the last derogs off of my accounts (getting = EE requests) or just watching them fall off.
My personal financial goal is to get 10k paid off of my student loans and to finish building my CD ladder.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 26
Kree
Established Contributor

My goal is to end the year with less debt than I started.

Happy new year.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kree wrote:

Happy new year.

Any dollar or percentage drop that you're aiming for, or just a simple less is less?

Message 13 of 26
Kree
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kree wrote:

Happy new year.

Any dollar or percentage drop that you're aiming for, or just a simple less is less?

Considering that my debt has been increasing for years while I've attended school, even 1 dollar less will be good progress, but I think 10% is my realistic goal percentage. If I can pay off 10% then I'm definitely on the right track.

Message 14 of 26
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Gardening until June. Allowing new HP(Cap1 secured) to age 6 mos. Also have a HP drop in Feb. Then in June I’ll only have 1 scorable HP across all 3B’s.
Work on getting 2 collections removed. 1 for sure=Jefferson Capital—the other Commonwealth PFD? We’ll see.
Also, figure out an SSL w/CU? So I can finally have an installment to add to my “MIX,” as I THINK🤔 I’m leaving serious points on the table...well, I know I am😣
A lot on my plate but, that’s what Gardening is all about.😉

Also, waiting for DISCO to graduate hopefully, in the coming months...scores are too low, I’m sure.

Best of Luck to myFICO crew members in 2019!!!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening. I added 7 tradelines last year, time to let them age up and let the baddies fall. I have been going back and forth on adding the PayPal MC to my wallet but I’m going to cultivate my Sync relationship first since I just got the Amazon Prime Store Card. 

I should be looking pretty nice on TU soon though. All my baddies except my BK fall in July (BK falls 8/2020) so I should be looking at a rather nice score lift. 

Message 16 of 26
iced
Valued Contributor

Mine is to increase my savings by $250,000. Around half will come from contributions made this year, but I need a little help from the markets on the other half.

Message 17 of 26
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Two primary goals:

1. Pay down my HELOC - We have a vacation/rental house that sustained significant hurricane damage last year and due to our sloth-like insurance co. I tapped into my HELOC to get it repaired in time for high-season. This will naturally resolve itself once the reminder of the insurance checks come in but, it stresses me out nonetheless
  2. Some new, different credit cards (and close some old ones) - Unfortunately, I was quite naive about cc rewards until I started reading these boards in October and have been kicking myself ever since. I should have been a lot smarter and more strategic with my apps (/glancing sideways at my Barclays Apple Rewards!). For example, the AMEX Gold was not an ideal choice. I travel extensively for work and already earn more than enough points to cover 3 family vacations p/year. As such, I have little use for the MRs. (Plus, I exclusively fly American Airlines which is not a great fit for AMEX.)

Message 18 of 26
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Mine is to hit my 750 across the board which should not be an issue once my last baddies fall in May. I'm not really planning on any apps, might kill off the cap1 platinum and replace it with something better once all my baddies are gone.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 19 of 26
EW800
Valued Contributor

My goal for 2019 is to garden the entire year and let the couple of inquiries that I got in 2018 age.  I've got all FICO 8 and FICO 9 scores well into the 800's now, so I just hope to continue getting and keeping the scores as high as possible.  

So grateful for this community!   Smiley Happy 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.