Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard credit pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard credit pull

While checking my credit report I found a hard pull from Comcast.  I am not a Comcast customer and have not looked into using their products or services.  Additionally I do not live in the state where the pull was done.  What do I need to check into this pull?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard credit pull

Dispute it with the CRA.  I'd also call Comcast and if you're not currently seeking credit, freeze your reports.  Which CRA did it appear on?

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute. State that Comcast is not even here so why would I be in their services?

Lock you're credit report as well.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks it was on Equifax.

Message 4 of 7
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I asked because through the sites that offer free CMS like Credit Karma you can dispute through that avenue but clearly you can do so going directly to EQ.  All disputes are free but you have options. Good luck!

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

It is possible that this is an indication of ID theft or at least mistaken identity, credit wise.  I would check with Comcast and also monitor your CR like a hawk.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bear in mind that disputes for inquiries typically result in a confirmation.  Better IMO to start with reaching out to Comcast to find out what might have happened.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.