Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard inquiries

Hello fellow gardeners and admins Happy 2019 I have a question what happens after a year of a hard inquiry does the score go up? Please help me with these curiosity
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard inquiries

According to the FICO model, inquiries older than 12 months no longer negativity impact your FICO score, meaning you should in theory see your score go up when nothing else changes. In practice the inquiries nearing 12 months of age likely already have little impact, so when they pass the 12 month mark you might not notice any significant change in your score, especially when other variables (age of history, AAoA, utilization, etc.) come into play.

Message 2 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Correct..Also the less hard inquiries the better it is for your Fico score  especially regarding cc's.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my year long well controlled scoring experiment, I did not see ANY point gains until each HP hit exactly 1 year to the day. Of the 5 HPs on Experian, I gained 3-7-7-3-1 points when each hit one year. That said, score is only a part of your profile, even though HPs become unscorable after one year, they are still visible to lenders for two years, they can still count against you in credit decisions.
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, exact same result when I was going through my mortgage process.  All counted full monty to the day.

It's just aggregate number of inquiries with some breakpoints for them, no aging factor at all unlike some negatives.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.