Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has any one used a GW on judgement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has any one used a GW on judgement?

Just curious if a GW will possibly work on a judgement that has been paid?  Has anyone tried it?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has any one used a GW on judgement?

Yes!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So to do this I am sending the GW to the creditor? correct?

Message 3 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Correct
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would this work? My understanding is that judgements are recorded at the county recorders office/courthouse and CRA's confirm with the recorder's office.
Message 5 of 17
serenity72
New Contributor

I would like to know this too please. Mines through a credit union.
Message 6 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

crocpa wrote:
How would this work? My understanding is that judgements are recorded at the county recorders office/courthouse and CRA's confirm with the recorder's office.

It is my understanding that either party could remove (I could be wrong). I would assume one would have better luck dealing with the OC.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard back today from a company that I had sent a GW letter to, they had place a judgement on me, it is paid.

It reads:

This letter is in response to your correspondence that was received on July 16, 2007.
Unfortunately we are not able to remove a Judgement from a persons credit history, even after they have paid the account in full.  Your credit history is a record of how you have paid obligations.

This really sucks!!  Think I will pay my obligations on time!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to go to the Court Clerks office and file a Motion to Set Aside Judgment. You can google the term set aside judgment or motion to set aside judgment. This should help. Good luck. I am getting ready to do it myself also. 
Message 9 of 17
KarimaKC
Established Member

Tuscani, do you have any ideas on how to broach a GW letter involving a judgement?  I seems so much more intricate and complex than a 30-day late.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.