cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All ...   I'm trying to bump my credit score those...

oxymoronx
New Visitor

Hello All ...   I'm trying to bump my credit score those...

Hello All ...

I'm trying to bump my credit score those last couple of double digits to get it above 660.  I have approx. 4 negative items left ... 1 which is recent (unfortunately) but paid and closed, 2 which have 2002 as dates of last activity, and another which is a car loan that had a single 30 day late, but is paid off.

My questions are as follows:

How can I persuade the 2 from 2002 to remove them from my credit report (seeing as they are 5 years old and fully paid)?

How do I persuade the car company to remove the single 30 day late seeing as the car is already paid off?

and has anyone successfully disputed against Capital One when the account was paid and closed?  It was a new card that I wasn't receiving the payment stubs in the mail (even though they had the correct address and re-assured me that I had in fact been receiving them).  I tried paying them online but that was a fiasco as soon as I mistyped my password.  I don't think anyone actually works at Capital One and if they do, they are indeed vikings.

I also have one medical collection reported by Equifax without any identified CA for an amount i've never received a bill for and that is from late 2000?

And finally, I have a medical collection that I identified to the CA as mine (car accident/I had thought the insurance company paid it and never received a bill) and my wife went ahead and paid.  I called back to dispute but it was too late.  They were sending the bill to an address that I never lived at and they identified the hospital as the source of the address.  I called the hospital and they verified the old correct address and never had the other address in its system.  I tried to get them to file a reported in error letter with the credit bureau, but they refused (asset acceptance).

If anyone can point me in a valid direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'm trying to purchase a house with a favorable interest rate.

thanks.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.