cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

rustyfan67 wrote:
Yes i did, i got a e-mail yesterday saying Welcome to Washington Mutual Platinum Visa, telling me what all i can do when i get my card.  I am looking forward to getting this card.

Congratulations Rusty!!! Take care of it and I find that WaMu really rewards its custiesSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is good to know about WAMU being good to their customers. I applied and received fro their card. I got a $3000 cl, so i will make sure I pif each month so I can eventually get get up there with antredd. I know I have a  ways to go though. I do like that you get a free FICO score too.
Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep paying it off each month. Working our way toward financial freedom!!!Smiley Happy  Thank all of you for your replies! Will keep you posted.
Message 13 of 52
antredd67
Contributor

Wamu CLI

Jaybee,

You don't have to ask WAMU for CLi, it's automatic.  It's the only card besides my BofA who seem to love my dirty underware.
Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu / Providian

Hate to be the pooper in the message but just becarful of them. I thought they were great too when I first got them and then about 2 years after paying on time with the CLI' s and paying for the insurance. I needed to file for the insurance and called to see what I needed to do and they would not help with it so I closed the account and just found them on my credit report with a balance of $1015.00 as a charge off and no longer have my paper work since I use to purge my files every 5 years not know your credit report is every 7 years(wont be doing that again surprised smiley  ) and now they are saying I had the card in 2004 and we closed it in April of 2000.  sad smiley But I wish you all the best of luck.happy smiley
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
Just a word about WaMu. Both me and my wife have within the past year received new credit cards from WaMu. I consider it a blessing big time. Both of us had filed CH 7 in 2004 without much work on our reports since then. Both of us had additional negative items on out reports since then, not from our bad credit since, but from collections for accounts that were years old,  I am about to get started on those though. However, WaMu issused my wife an account initially for $1,500 which was increased to $3,000 within the past 3 months, which was 6 months after the account was opened. My initial card limit was $4,000 and it was just increased to $5,5000 which was 6 months after the account was opened. I am very happy with the cards. I have tried to pay off the balance each month, but since Christmas and a new job with travel expenses I have not  been able to zero out each month, but I do pay as much as I can on the monthly balance, usually many times over the minimum.
Hope this helps
Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wamu

I am between 609-648 somehwhere (not 100% sure) why would wamu have turned me down like a month ago are they merged with someone new now, should I try again?  I want one, they are my bank also.  someone tell me what you think?
Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great CLIs

yeah I just applied again and got turned down again by WAMU that sucks!!  my score isn't that bad I wonder why they keep turning me down.

Lori

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu / Providian

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
Hate to be the pooper in the message but just becarful of them. I thought they were great too when I first got them and then about 2 years after paying on time with the CLI' s and paying for the insurance. I needed to file for the insurance and called to see what I needed to do and they would not help with it so I closed the account and just found them on my credit report with a balance of $1015.00 as a charge off and no longer have my paper work since I use to purge my files every 5 years not know your credit report is every 7 years(wont be doing that again surprised smiley  ) and now they are saying I had the card in 2004 and we closed it in April of 2000.  sad smiley But I wish you all the best of luck.happy smiley

Did you have WaMu or Providian.  I know Providian wasn't the best then they were bought out by WaMu.  WaMu has really made some changes, lately selling off even more of the providian accounts.  I hate to hear you had that experience and althought I am VERY happy right now I always have a back up or two.

Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great CLIs

patunia00 wrote:
yeah I just applied again and got turned down again by WAMU that sucks!!  my score isn't that bad I wonder why they keep turning me down.

Lori

I know that they are raising their score requirements and a lot of account holders with 650 or less were sold to a subprime lender.  I would wait for the invite myself.

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.