cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

tag
weezie
Valued Member

Re: If you got the app, I would apply. Just be sure once app...

Sorry if this is a dopey question but . . .

Are all Washington Mutual cards Providian cards? I'm really tempted by that MasterCard offer they have going now -- I think it's 0% on transfers for 12 months; no fee; variable interest rate (which I can't remember) -- but I really don't want another sub-primey type of card.
Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can everyone that has a Wamu card tell us what your TU FICO score was and what credit line they gave you to start off with? Perhaps this is a better way to gage what type of CL I might receive. I know there is no guarantee, but I'm curious to see if there is a trend.

CCM
Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can everyone that has a Wamu card tell us what your TU FICO score was and what credit line they gave you to start off with? Perhaps this is a better way to gage what type of CL I might receive. I know there is no guarantee, but I'm curious to see if there is a trend.
CCM

640 TU and 750 cl to start off with.
Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 44 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
CCM

640 TU and 750 cl to start off with.

I got a preapproval offer from them last June with 0% BT for 12 months, couldn't resist. I transferred $1300 from another card and they gave me a limit of $1500. My TU score was around 620 at the time they issued the card.

Then at the end of March of this year I get a love letter from WAMU starting that they have sold my account to SST, effective the end of the month. At this time my score was 634 according to WAMU's web site. So I do a little research into SST and what I read was not positive. The first day that I had access to thier web site I PIF.

One thing that I do miss about WAMU was the TU FICO score that was updated every month.
Hopefully this helps.
Erik
Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

Time for me to post: I have a WAMU at 14.9 APR and a 400 CL- MyFICO April 21 TU - 552 WAMU 593 May 07 just posted on WAMU today TU 602 120 points in 6 months! WAMU history Nov 06 482 Dec 06 482 Jan 07 496 Feb 07 560 Mar 07 562 Apr 07 593 May 07 602
Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score is over 740 and Wamu recently turned me down 5 times. My friend with a credit score of 700, 2 inquiries, $0 debt got a card there on his first app and after 1 year they were "very" generous with credit increases. My total debt to limit was just over 37% with 12 inquiries. One denial said too many inquiries, others said debt was too high. I challenged it, and still got turned down because of the 37% debt to credit limits. If you apply for Wamu, pay off all other debt first.
Message 47 of 52
ninja_zx-6r

My TU Fico score was 643 and WAMU approved me for $3500.  Discharged Ch. 7 just over a year ago.
Message 48 of 52
BCGCredit
New Contributor

I got my wamu card today 619 TU score 3500.00 CL did 200 balance tranfer to payoff 1st premier card. Did not get immediate approval. 1st notice 1st premier was over paid and thought i paid twice. Then I got email saying welcome to wamu with last 4 digits of card. I got 3 pre-approvals applied for 2 got letter saying cannot apply twice within certain period of time....So all that to say go for it!
Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 49 of 52
bl00dymary
Valued Member

If it says preapproved, not preselected, you probably will get it.  I got a card for them while my scores were still in the 500s and I had numerous badies on my file.  They gave me a $2000 limit and no annual fee.
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.