Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help pls

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Help pls

Hi all so yesterday I purchase my exp report just to look at my score and browse my inquires so far, I haves hp from capital one from 2011 but I never allowed capital one to do a Hp nor did I do any business with them or have any cards from them.

How should I request the inquiry to be remove since I just realize it now... Btw it does drop off in nov 2013 ..

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Help pls

It will drop off at 2 years..and it is so old now that it is not having a negative impact on your score.

IMO - Really it is not worth the hassle to try to get it removed.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

If you really insist and 100% positive you can always dispute it.
Other than that, it's going to fall off in 6 months anyways.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I was also wondering what is up capital one, I keep getting per-approval letters from them like once a week, and I realize they sp my cr a total of 50 times within 2 years... Is there a way to tell them to stop sending me the pre-approval letters and stop sp me lol?

Thanks

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 4 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

You can opt out.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 8
CreditHammer

The only real way is to dispute it.. But, like somebody else said, its so old that it doesnt really matter anymore.. I started rebuilidng back in 2011 and i finally have some of the INQ's falling off from when i started apping for sub-prime cards..

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, ditto to no FICO impact. I wouldn't worry about it on that alone. Did you ever apply for any HSBC-based CC then? I could be wrong but it's possible that some of those inquiries converted to CapOne inquiries after the takeover.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

OP, ditto to no FICO impact. I wouldn't worry about it on that alone. Did you ever apply for any HSBC-based CC then? I could be wrong but it's possible that some of those inquiries converted to CapOne inquiries after the takeover.

+1

Those inquires would curently reflect with the updated Capital One naming convention with the predecessor company (e.g. Cap1/Best Buy, etc).  Then again, some folks tend to apply here or there that as time passes by people do forget.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.